Clarification Schrade Buffalo Bill

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
1tnemec

Clarification Schrade Buffalo Bill

Post by 1tnemec »

What’s up peeps
Still very much a newbie here but learning all the time.
And not sure if this belongs in this thread.
What I have is a Schrade Walden 125. No USA markings. No etching on the blade. No serial number. A different knife shield then any other one I have found. I may have missed some of this or even all of it. But the biggest R.F. is no U.S.A.
I am sending the person a question after I post this. It will be a few hours before I do. I am also asking if someone here would take a look at his other knives. Only one under 100.00 (its 95.00) Seems maybe a little strange to me but I do admit I’m a newbie and would like a little help. I don’t understand how someone can sell all types of stuff from estate sales and yet after 16 years. Still don’t know about 2004 Schrade and the USA stamp there after
So does this person defrauding or probably shouldn’t be selling stuff?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-COLLECTIB ... 3244940941

Pics are next
Thanx
Dave
“Remember we aren’t doing anything wrong and ya don’t need to tell your Mom everything...it’ll just cause needless worry” Fall of 81 Dad
The best thing about beating your head against a brick wall...is when you stop. “My Dad”daily when I was a kid lol
1tnemec

Re: Clarification Schrade Buffalo Bill

Post by 1tnemec »

Here’s pictures
48A972E2-4CB7-4C42-96CB-FEB3BD8055E9.png
F1FC872D-1D1C-4326-8BA8-9236C7B16284.png
F94073B8-4A60-42D7-9357-ABE3A02F354E.png
0646F34B-0EEF-4B2D-BE53-E438ACFAE3D8.png
CCF68BD3-82C8-4D62-876D-538DE2F9C1F3.png
“Remember we aren’t doing anything wrong and ya don’t need to tell your Mom everything...it’ll just cause needless worry” Fall of 81 Dad
The best thing about beating your head against a brick wall...is when you stop. “My Dad”daily when I was a kid lol
1tnemec

Post by 1tnemec »

Here the rest
55EAE43B-DF50-4B82-925C-5FE23F3A49CF.png
3F66F79E-077C-4F7D-A37D-CA86F1CB3E05.png
7D889E18-52C9-4DDE-B906-6CCFBCB73F67.png
0A6472CB-810B-48A3-8DF9-F80FA38B0778.png
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

If you google the tang stamp you will find out it's a Uncle Henry tang stamp.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/schrade-127.356000/
The above post was done in 2005.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

That knife is authentic. They were sent out with Uncle Henry tang stamps. It is not counterfeit or altered.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Here is some documentation.
1969-BB-AD1s.jpg
1tnemec

Post by 1tnemec »

tongueriver wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:00 pm Here is some documentation.1969-BB-AD1s.jpg
Okay so let me get even more confused. The Schrade-Walden but no “USA” mark are old knives? I was understanding that it still had to have USA. 2. Have there been “Schrade-Walden” knives with no USA made after 2004? If yes than how do you tell the difference?
3 what year was that ad? I believe what your saying just trying to put things correctly. Last question for now anyways Does anyone have know the time the landfill closes...I think I know where to find some knives
Thanx peeps
1tnemec

Post by 1tnemec »

I see the date no it appeared when I attached your post
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

There were very few pre-2004 Schrade knives that did not have U.S.A. stamped on them, but there were a few. This Buffalo Bill folding hunter is one. Certain knives with BG-42 steel blades also did not have U.S.A. on them, reputedly because they were hardened too much before they were to be stamped. I don't know if that part is true. Schrade knives were built in Walden, N.Y. up to about 1958 and then were built in Ellenville, N.Y. from then on. However, they continued to use the Walden stamp until a company paperwork re-boot in 1973. Then in the 1980s and 1990s (or so) they resurrected the Walden stamps, which they never should have done but they did, on certain nicer knives. Then, to complicate the issue, after the 2004 banckruptcy, Stewart Taylor (who now owned the trademarks) had a lot of knives made with the Walden stamp. Some of them were from Bear and Son and some of them were from Utica, and some of them probably overlapped 2004 from Camillus. I am still occasionally confused, and I have been looking at this stuff for some 15 years now, at length. I am not sure exactly what is stamped on the Chinese crap and I don't care, except that you will not see U.S.A. on them.
1tnemec

Post by 1tnemec »

Thanx for the info and your time! This is the main reason I’m here. To learn.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

As Calvin has said and documented this is a real Schrade USA knife and I will add, a very rare one. I have known about this knife but this is the first one I have seen.
What are "peeps" ?
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:48 pm What are "peeps" ? kj
People. Especially, "My people." urban slang.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Interesting thread - I learned some things about Schrade. ::tu::

As for the OP other questions: I’m not familiar with the seller, but it appears they have a good eye for unique items, and do their homework. Their prices seem to me to be a little high but not outrageous.

We have at least one member here ((Triple F) who has been scouring estate sales and reselling for years so I don’t think that’s unusual. My sister-in-law owns an antique shop (she deals in authentic antiques, not “junque”) - she also selectively shops estate sales for items to re-sell. (I think her prices are high also. :lol: )

JMO

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

A few additional notes:
"These originally accompanied the Buffalo Bill 166 bowie knife in 400 sets in 1968. They were later in 1969 offered to the public. I believe the folders ran out in 1969, but they continued to sell some bowies for awhile, and perhaps a second run of them in 1971. The special sheath is unique to these knives. The same stainless blade as used in the 127UH (Uncle Henry) linerlock hunter was used on these, instead of the non-stainless blades of the 125OT (Old Timer). All three knives are essentially the same except for the steel and the decorations."
I don't remember where I copied that information from.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”