"Ultra Rare" Case 5365 Cotton Sampler????

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

"Ultra Rare" Case 5365 Cotton Sampler????

Post by herbva »

I'm not making any accusations or voicing any conclusions about this rather unusual "ultra rare" knife. I believe I have seen pictures of a pattern 65 with a 3rd blade saw, and the AAPK research area even shows a 4-blade version. But, I have never seen or heard mention of a "cotton sampler" blade, and this one looks more like a modified spear than a cotton sampler blade to me. (Don't worry, I'm not about to plunk $2500 down for it.) I would love to hear what the experts have to say about it. :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraRare-CASE ... 3443011998
Attachments
IMG_2965.jpg
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: "Ultra Rare" Case 5365 Cotton Sampler????

Post by 1967redrider »

::hmm:: The seller pictures a "Prototype" knife with a saw blade, which obviously isn't like this knife. What's the purpose? Too rich for my blood. :mrgreen:
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Ultra rare yes. Original and correct is another story all together. I don't know of any documented circumstance of this type of knife ever being made by Case. The cotton sampler blade does not look like a Case blade or anything that belongs in the knife for that matter. This knife was made well after there was anything made by Case with an actual cotton sampler blade. Cotton sampler pocket knives had long been out of production. It would not be too difficult a task to add a blade or two to this type of knife. Someones dream or nightmare.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

And, without beating this one to death, based on the picture provided in the auction, the 3 springs appear to me to be much newer than the 2 original blades.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”