Counterfeit Moki

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Counterfeit Moki

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Spotted this one yesterday and confirmed that it’s a counterfeit. Moki never made one w/ this handle material. Nor did they make one that is acid etched on the blade. This same seller has counterfeit Chris Reeves knives for sale as well. Interestingly, the fake Chris Reeves knives are listed for less than this Moki knock off.
Also, the shield is not correct on these as well and it’s very fuzzy looking. The sheath is incorrect and they say it comes w/ the Moki white box, that is incorrect also. Price is 1/4 of what a real Moki sells for. And it’s coming from China, surprise surprise. I reported this to Ebay. I would appreciate others reporting it also.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Moki-Red ... Sw4wVeZ2ZQ
Attachments
IMG_0308.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
WillyCamaro

Re: Counterfeit Moki

Post by WillyCamaro »

::barf:: :x
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Mark is this a copy of an existing Moki pattern ?
A new Moki for $23 should alert everyone that it is not a Moki made knife. And this one actually has a 'China' like look about it.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

kootenay joe wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:46 am Mark is this a copy of an existing Moki pattern ?
A new Moki for $23 should alert everyone that it is not a Moki made knife. And this one actually has a 'China' like look about it.
kj
It’s an exact copy of an existing pattern, except for the features I described. To anyone not in the know this would seem to be a Moki made knife. It even says “Moki” on the title of the listing.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Trouts

Post by Trouts »

I reported it. Sadly it's still listed. I really don't think eBay cares most of the time as long as they get their money.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I wonder if Moki would be interested (and Chris Reeve) in contacting ebay.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Quick Steel wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:58 pm I wonder if Moki would be interested (and Chris Reeve) in contacting ebay.
I let Jemmy Iwahara know about it. He is the one that confirmed it was a fake. He notified Moki. Given the recent crackdown on counterfeit merchandise and websites, I thought Ebay would take swifter action.
I appreciate anyone flagging this to Ebay. Hopefully they will ban this seller. I notified them about the Chris Reeves fakes they have as well. They have Brownings that I suspect are fakes, but I don’t own enough to know for sure. I doubt that anything this seller has is legit.
Thanks

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”