Wostenholm Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
totemjoe

Wostenholm Knives

Post by totemjoe »

Greetings from the San Juan Islands, WA, State

I have several G Wostenholm knives that are still in cards that look old but I don't know for sure. I've owned the knives for approx 30 years. All knives are marked WOSTENHOLM and the largest knife, a folding hunter, has 1-XL Geo. Wostenholm, Shefield, on the lower part of the tang. The handles on the three jack knives I believe to be bone.
The three include 2 Canoe Shapes -3 blade, and a congress shape with 4 blades. Also there is a folding hunter in the last picture. If anyone might know about these and a possible value I would surely appreciate knowing.
Thanks in Advance!

Joel
totemjoe@yahoo.com
Congress
Congress
Canoe 1
Canoe 1
Folding Hunter
Folding Hunter
Canoe 2
Canoe 2
Beavertail

Re: Wostenholm Knives

Post by Beavertail »

I believe these were made in 80's when James Parker had rights to the Wostenhlom name.
If I remember right they were made in Japan. Hope this helps. ::handshake::
Tim
totemjoe

Post by totemjoe »

Thank You Beavertail! I appreciate your information!!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Interesting. I have never seen those before. Wostenholm in name only, not in knife.
Are you going to open up one of them and see how well knife is made and if it will cut some things ?
Even though new in package and rather rare i think the value is likely quite low, so no harm trying one out.
kj
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:47 am Interesting. I have never seen those before. Wostenholm in name only, not in knife.
Are you going to open up one of them and see how well knife is made and if it will cut some things ?
Even though new in package and rather rare i think the value is likely quite low, so no harm trying one out.
kj
I have the three blade canoe in rams horn. I bought it about 20 years ago.
It is a well made knife and makes a great edc.
Tim
totemjoe

Post by totemjoe »

Thanks for all the info! The knives look to be well constructed. Handles are bone or horn, not synthetic. I haven't taken these off the card. I purchased these in Baker, Oregon, about 25 - 30 years ago. I have had them in storage and had forgotten about them until we moved. The cardboard displays are quit old. It's the type of cardboard they used back in the 40s/50s for fishing lures. I'll take one off the card and see what it's like.

Thanks to you guys!
Joel
totemjoe

Post by totemjoe »

Kootenay Joe & Beavertail,

I removed the Canoe #1. It weighs 4.1 oz. Its a solid, quality knife to me. The knife is very sharp, all 3 blades. well constructed, and walks and talks with the best I own. The cardboard it mounted on looks very old. It's like cardboard used for mounting fishing plugs like in the 40s-50s, quite thick and not very good quality as todays. It's the exact size in length as my Case XX ss # 62131, which I've carried since 1989. I didn't realize the quality until I removed it from the display card. Well, now I'm really confused? Thanks again for your info and I would appreciate any other ideas.

Thanks Again!

Joel
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Joel. I do think these were most likely from Parker in early 1980's which was almost 40 years ago. Many of the Japan knives from that time were of good quality. Mr. Parker must of selected one of the better manufacturers to make these. Being sharp right out of package is good, the exception rather than the rule.
kj
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

At one time, Jim Parker owned a chain of cutlery shops call Cutlery World, I believe. There was one here at our largest mall, Riverchase Galleria.

The shops were nice and they offered manufactureed, as well as custom made knives. I remember a Mel Pardue knife in which I was quite interested. Pardue was an Alabama maker.

They also sold these Wostenholm knives and a selection of big, fancy reproduction folding Bowie knives. I actually know a man that collects those.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
totemjoe

Post by totemjoe »

Thanks for the info Charlie! I surely appreciate it. Joel

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”