Not a Schrade Walden Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
ea42

Not a Schrade Walden Knife

Post by ea42 »

Hi folks, not sure what's going on with this one. The bone, rat tail bolsters, and probably liners are wrong. In fact I'm just going to assume that someone put a Schrade Walden clip blade in a completely different knife as it looks like the bone/liners were ground down to make it possible to reach the nail mark. It was probably below the liners initially. You can see looking down from the top that there appear to be fresh scratch marks on the liner in addition to the bone edge being wider at this point than any other part of the knife. Any second opinions on this one? I never want to assume that I'm absolutely right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Vintage-Sc ... SwROxe6XWM

Eric
Gunsil

Re: Not a Schrade Walden Knife

Post by Gunsil »

Eric, would you really expect different from one of ebay's most prolific sellers of cobbled knives??
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I was looking at his ebay store recently and there was a bunch of stuff that I had reservations about, and I don't know jack. ::tu::
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Gunsil wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:13 pm Eric, would you really expect different from one of ebay's most prolific sellers of cobbled knives??
I totally agree Gene, should add "expensive" to that description.

Eric
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

It almost looks like an older bone handle Camillus #69 frame (but not long enough) that someone has filed out the groove in the bolster to make it look more like rat tail bolsters. In fact if you look at the first and third pictures and put the magnification panel on the front bolster it appears that the groove through the pin is not quite straight. From the pivot pin towards the bottom of the knife it looks like the groove is a little wider, which makes me think it was hand filed after being worked on.
Also magnifying the rear bolster looks like it is had file marks on the bolster or perhaps ScotchBrite lines that were not completely polished out. Looks like a quick sloppy modification.

IMHO, of course. ::shrug::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

The seller has been talked about before. He has more cobbled up knives than everyone on EBay at this time. ::td:: ::td::
Roger
just bob

Post by just bob »

If you don't like his Ebay knives you can buy from his AAPK store. Green is the new red!

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... eller=1161
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Post by just bob »

This is an old post from 2018 on this seller. I'm sure there are others.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=59526&p=687628&hil ... 82#p687628
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

just bob wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:12 pm If you don't like his Ebay knives you can buy from his AAPK store. Green is the new red!

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... eller=1161

I like that, Bernard Levine would likely agree ::tu:: :D :D

Eric
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I got this one from him last year, June, off ebay. I don't know if I got took or not, but maybe he does sell some legit stuff. ::shrug:: I believe this is the Moss Bottom Green Bone of 250. I liked the looks of it, so picked it up.
Attachments
DSCF2379.jpeg
DSCF2381.jpeg
DSCF2385.jpeg
DSCF2383.jpeg
DSCF2391.jpeg
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

KLJ77 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:06 pm I got this one from him last year, June, off ebay. I don't know if I got took or not, but maybe he does sell some legit stuff. ::shrug:: I believe this is the Moss Bottom Green Bone of 250. I liked the looks of it, so picked it up.
Looks like a legit Parker. For what that's worth.
But it is not bone.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Looks like a legit Parker. For what that's worth.
But it is not bone.
Yeah...I misspoke on the bone thing. Should have read that card closer. ::facepalm::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

He has been on my 'no thanks ' list for a year or more. Thanks for the heads-up, Eric but I already walked on by on that one and, in fact every one he has, and that has been many hundreds. I look and then keep walking.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Same here Cal, the few legit ones that do turn up there have absolutely ridiculous price tags for their condition. Lose-lose situation. I just figured I'd put this up here in case there are any neophytes bidding on it who don't know the brand well enough to spot an impostor.

Eric

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”