Fox Cutlery 582 - Vero Cervo - Leverlock

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Toejammer

Fox Cutlery 582 - Vero Cervo - Leverlock

Post by Toejammer »

Been thinking of buying this, but the knife doesn't seem to match the box. Seller says it's a "Fox Cutlery 582 Vero Cervo, Manago - Italy" and there isn't a pattern even close to this on Fox's site. I've seen AGA Campolin's like this, but the lever was on the scale side, not on top of the backspring like this.

Any input greatly appreciated !

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fox Cutlery 582 - Vero Cervo - Leverlock

Post by edge213 »

Toejammer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am Been thinking of buying this, but the knife doesn't seem to match the box. Seller says it's a "Fox Cutlery 582 Vero Cervo, Manago - Italy" and there isn't a pattern even close to this on Fox's site. I've seen AGA Campolin's like this, but the lever was on the scale side, not on top of the backspring like this.

I know nothing about this knife, but I do know the are a number or "Fox" counterfeits out there.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

I believe on this knife, the "lever" on top lifts the backspring to close the blade. The Campolins you're talking about are probably automatics and the side lever is to deploy the blade or unlock it to close.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Toejammer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am Been thinking of buying this, but the knife doesn't seem to match the box. Seller says it's a "Fox Cutlery 582 Vero Cervo, Manago - Italy" and there isn't a pattern even close to this on Fox's site. I've seen AGA Campolin's like this, but the lever was on the scale side, not on top of the backspring like this.

Hey T.J.! The reason the knife you're looking at is different from an A.G.A. is, they are 2 different knives. The knife you described by A.G.A. is a "Leverlock" automatic knife that opens by pressing on the lever that's located below, or, on the top bolster, on the front of the knife. The knife in your picture is a "Fulcrum-Release" model, and is NOT an automatic knife, and it opens manually, and closes by lifting the lever on the top, or, the spine of the knife. I attached a couple of pics to help describe what I mean! Hope this helps! ::handshake:: 8)
WIN_20201023_16_47_56_Pro.jpg
In the 1st. pic I've lifted the fulcrum lever up, so as to close the blade!
WIN_20201023_16_50_18_Pro.jpg
In the 2nd. pic my 1st. finger is positioned below the lever on the front of the knife, and has been pressed to accommodate closing the knife. On most leverlock knives the lever both opens the blade, and, releases the blade for closing!
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ya beat me to it Taz! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Got my answer, straight from Fox themselves ! Couldn't figure out how to forward the e-mail to here, so I cut and pasted.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 2:11 AM Info | Fox Cutlery <info@foxcutlery.com
> wrote:

Dear Michael,

thank you for your e mail.

The item 582 for us is another knife, completely different to the picture I’ve seen on the link.

The box is original FOX yes but not including that knife.

See picture attached for your reference item 582 CE

Thank you

Distinti Saluti - Best Regards

Maserin Giancarlo

ORESTE FRATI SRL

Sede Legale e Operativa: Via La Mola, 4

33085 MANIAGO (PN)

TEL +39 0427 71814

FAX +39 0427 700514

giancarlo@foxcutlery.com

www.foxcutlery.comwww.duecignicutlery.com

NATO N/CAGE CODE: AG180 - ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Thanks for the replies though.
I know the AGA Campolin's are auto, I was referring more to the odd shape of the frame. (I should have clarified that)

I'm still wondering if I should let the guy on eBay know, or just let him sell it as he believes it to be. I retracted my bid, so I'm not going to get stuck, but I wouldn't want someone else to either. But from messages I have had with the seller, it's seems English might not be his thing. And I'm not willing to get into it with him. Thoughts ?
Bruce Lee
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

I believe it's called an Albacete, probably Spanish. Didn't mean to "step on ur toes" Marco. I think this profile, in Italy anyway, is a Catalana. Correct me if I'm wrong, cool knife either way.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

TazmanTom18 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:19 pm I believe it's called an Albacete, probably Spanish. Didn't mean to "step on ur toes" Marco. I think this profile, in Italy anyway, is a Catalana. Correct me if I'm wrong, cool knife either way.
No problem Taz, ::handshake:: I was just typing when you submitted your comment! ::tu:: It's all good! 8)
8)

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”