Bad Dremel Jigging

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Bad Dremel Jigging

Post by btrwtr »

Here is a knife that has been obviously (brass) repinned. The back handle has a good example of bad Dremel tool jigging. Note the rounded ends and the abruptly deep jigging. Both the rounded ends and deep jigging are caracteristic of Dremel type rotary tool jigging. Compare to the correct jigging on the front handle.

I am not sure what the reverse side handle is made of and the seller says it is bone but he makes no mention of the repinned blades or the fact that the handle has been poorly replaced with non original material.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Tested-Pr ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
6216  a.jpg
6216 b.jpg
6216 c.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Bad Dremel Jigging

Post by herbva »

How about the pivot pin heads showing in the bolsters? They look like brass to me. Sporty must have been out of the correct size in nickel silver. ::rotflol::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I find it very difficult to replicate jigging with a rotary tool. I have tired many times on my patch jobs with a lot different burs and can never get a perfect match. But, I'm not trying to fool anyone. ::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
just bob

Post by just bob »

Always amazed at the amount of money people are willing to spend for knives that have obvious issues. The high resolution images available on Ebay show these problems clearly and yet bidders throw their money away. Someone said we don't need to tax the rich - we need to take money away from the stupid. You'd be better off spending this money on a bag of magic beans. Sporty is laughing all the way to the bank.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I might be wrong...but it looks like most of that back side is an Acraglas repair. Bidding at $80, with a day left. :shock:
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

How does this shyster have an eBay rating of over 79000? ::shrug::
Tim
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Doc B wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:29 pm I might be wrong...but it looks like most of that back side is an Acraglas repair. Bidding at $80, with a day left. :shock:
Doc, I'm thinking the same thing. The entire center part of that scale looks like epoxy. There is no variation in the color of the patched part. That's why I don't like to do large patches.

Herb

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”