Nope Part 2 - Remington R4283

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
RalphAlsip

Nope Part 2 - Remington R4283

Post by RalphAlsip »

tongueriver wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:42 am Wrong bone or wrong blades; I don't know which. Or am I wrong?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Schrad ... SwR-Rf-6I9
s-l1600 (8).jpgs-l1600.jpg
pearlroosterman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:22 am

Earlier tongueriver had identified a Schrade knife that has issues. The same seller has a Remington R4283 5 blade sowbelly which is highly desirable/collectible in the Remington world that I believe is highly questionable. Apologies for the sloppy cropping job on the picture. On the right side is an authentic R4283 posted by esteemed AAPK contributor pearlroosterman. On the wrong side, er... I mean left side, is the eBay knife in question.

Note the bolster size, handle pin placements, bone color/jigging, blade types, blade placements, nail nicks, blade etch, and likely other incorrect attributes.
Attachments
Remington R4283 Compare.jpg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Nope Part 2 - Remington R4283

Post by peanut740 »

I've seen a couple of those fake sowbellies before Jerry,or the same one passed around. ::td::
Roger
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Nope Part 2 - Remington R4283

Post by btrwtr »

If I was a betting man I'd put money down that this is our favotite name changing, fake selling, knife in hand seller. This time the location as well has been changed to protect the guilty. Do we need fingerprints for proof? First pic is from his last known name and location. Second and third pics are the current dodge.
Attachments
49F5AF33-3240-464B-9116-5E2982E53FE4.jpeg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”