Napanoch Harness Jack? Is this punch correct or not?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.

Is Punch blade original?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:01 am

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 11

ratlesnake75

Napanoch Harness Jack? Is this punch correct or not?

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey guys, I am posting this for a friend of mine & I say the punch is wrong era for the knife & is not original to the knife. My friend bought the knife from a trusted source who says this knife was Made by the guy who made Honk Falls knives out of his garage using up old Nap parts. What you guys think is important to us!! I am setting up a vote system for YES its original & NO its not original. Thank you all for helping us out
Kindest Regards & Blessings everyone
Attachments
146461188_457419761964054_3492045453805316823_n (1).jpg
146961777_251947833225462_7356438790515886831_n.jpg
148092691_230779168397269_7677886865009992754_n.jpg
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
cudgee

Re: Napanoch Harness Jack? Is this punch correct or not?

Post by cudgee »

You are asking the wrong person here, but what ever it is, i like it. ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hi Mark. I don't know but it is good to see you !
kj
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Mark,the handles are heavily worn and the master looks very full.I vote very cobbled up knife. ::td::
Roger
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

I would expect to see the so-called “Carman” punch on an old Napanoch knife. The Carman punch is the double fluted punch.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Bad

Harold
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey YOU GUYS!!! I sure do miss ALL OF YOU. I had a wake up call a couple months ago because my career as a trucker is just over man. I tried it again this last year & it lasted 9months(I put myself back thru truck driving school etc and got an over the road job). A few months ago it hit me very hard that I just cant stay awake the long hours needed for that job anymore. I didnt want to give up but If I dont I could hurt someone or myself by falling asleep at the wheel. Times have changed and there is not a paper log book that we can cheat on & say we took a nap, lol. Everything is computerized controlled & they want a robot. I dont know anything else to do in life other than my love for knives so I am back into it. I met a couple great guys on facebook & thats why this knife is on here.

I told him the same Mr. Ralph about it needing a normal patented fluted punch by Nap because they were the ones who patented it.
Great seeing you again Mr. Roland & hope you are well & WARM my friend
Thanks Mr. Roger for pointing that clue out as well,,,,great eye my man. I missed that clue(stupid me, lol). I could see the bolster pin is messed up & the fact the blade punch itself just looks from like the 40s era,,,lol
Thank you all again & SO HAPPY TO BE BACK AROUND HERE. I will post more stuff as time permits
God Bless Everyone & Kindest Regards
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

I was hoping to see ya Harold & Roger at Tulsa but they cancelled on us
Mark
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Mark,has of now the April show is still a go,just checked the website. ::tu::
Roger
1fartsmella
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by 1fartsmella »

Mark, When someone tells you
"My friend bought the knife from a trusted source who says this knife was Made by the guy who made Honk Falls knives out of his garage using up old Nap parts."
To me the guy in the garage is a cobbler. I would recommend to your friend to stay away from this "trusted" seller in the future.
Barry
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

1fartsmella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 am Mark, When someone tells you
"My friend bought the knife from a trusted source who says this knife was Made by the guy who made Honk Falls knives out of his garage using up old Nap parts."
To me the guy in the garage is a cobbler. I would recommend to your friend to stay away from this "trusted" seller in the future.
Very good advice. ::tu::
Roger
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

peanut740 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:49 pm
1fartsmella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 am Mark, When someone tells you
Very good advice. ::tu::
Yea GREAT ADVICE for sure. I am like PRAYING that the Tulsa show will not be cancelled AGAIN!

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”