Umm, What the Heck?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
cody6268

Umm, What the Heck?

Post by cody6268 »

I don't know what the deal is with these. Here, you have a Camillus frame, and an LB-7 blade. I think these are a "hobbyist's special" and never existed from the factory like this. I know Camillus and Schrade both put out some weird stuff during their final years, but I doubt something like this would have ever been cooked up. The seller, over the years (and I've bought some from him), has had quite a few new, unused (and sometimes unfinished) Camillus knives and parts. Makes me wonder if he could be a former employee.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-2-SCHRA ... 2289419252
s-l1600CLBWK1.jpg
Froe

Re: Umm, What the Heck?

Post by Froe »

They remind me of the Soque Lever Lok knives. I think Camillus bought the rights to them. eBay will have some examples.
Froe
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

They sure look cobbled together to me, but I will say they have the potential to make a great user if those Schrade+ blades have been properly tempered. I'm a fan of the blade steel and those frames look like they'd ride light in the pocket. ::shrug::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I know this might sound counterintuitive, but the more I look at these, the more I like them. It might be a franken-knife, but I like this combo. I have a smaller version of the Camillus knife used for the frame (Medium Sierra) and like it a lot. Feels great. I bought a Spyderco Dragonfly recently, and still prefer the Camillus' handle. That, plus combined with the great steel used in the LB-7 in a pocket-friendly package.

I like the Buck 110LT and 110LT Slim Select, but just don't find them as comfortable in use as a regular brass 110. I have the Schrade USA X-Timer 6OTX, which is a one-hand open, drop point take on the LB-7, but the aluminum handle is cold when it's cold, and hot when it's hot and left out in the sun.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”