Myrtlefaye is back on ebay

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Myrtlefaye is back on ebay

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Boji wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 am Looking thru his old feedback I'm amazed at all the repeat buyers. They can't all be lucky and get good ones every time.
Does he somehow manage to get negative feedback removed?
My pictures with a 5 year old Iphone are better.
On eBay you can lighten and correct a lot in a poor picture.
Sadly there are a lot of knife collectors who are just ignorant and gullible. They buy knives from these fakers, not knowing what they’re really buying. They then leave good feedback ratings, and become repeat customers.

A few years ago a mutual friend introduced me to a guy he knows, saying we were both knife collectors. After some discussion the guy he introduced me to invited me to see his collection. He had a couple hundred knives, all of them older brands, and about 70% of them were fakes. He was quite proud of them and had invested thousands of dollars total in his collection. Yet he did not have a single good resource with pictures of knives on which to base his purchases. I started with one knife and tried to gently explain why it was a counterfeit. He wouldn’t hear anything of it and was becoming agitated so I dropped the subject, politely thanked him for showing me his “collection” and left.

Those are the customers sellers like Myrtlefaye prey upon. It’s self-fulfilling - the knowing don’t buy, the unknowing who do buy are happy and leave good feedback. All the crooks have to do to earn good feedback is provide good service.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:13 pm
Boji wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 am Looking thru his old feedback I'm amazed at all the repeat buyers. They can't all be lucky and get good ones every time.
Does he somehow manage to get negative feedback removed?
My pictures with a 5 year old Iphone are better.
On eBay you can lighten and correct a lot in a poor picture.
Sadly there are a lot of knife collectors who are just ignorant and gullible. They buy knives from these fakers, not knowing what they’re really buying. They then leave good feedback ratings, and become repeat customers.

A few years ago a mutual friend introduced me to a guy he knows, saying we were both knife collectors. After some discussion the guy he introduced me to invited me to see his collection. He had a couple hundred knives, all of them older brands, and about 70% of them were fakes. He was quite proud of them and had invested thousands of dollars total in his collection. Yet he did not have a single good resource with pictures of knives on which to base his purchases. I started with one knife and tried to gently explain why it was a counterfeit. He wouldn’t hear anything of it and was becoming agitated so I dropped the subject, politely thanked him for showing me his “collection” and left.

Those are the customers sellers like Myrtlefaye prey upon. It’s self-fulfilling - the knowing don’t buy, the unknowing who do buy are happy and leave good feedback. All the crooks have to do to earn good feedback is provide good service.

Ken
Ken, I am on several Facebook knife sites. Over and over some of the members post old knives that they have just acquired that are obviously fake. Every time several of the members comment on what a great knife it is. I don’t feel like it is my place to point out that it is not correct but it is discouraging to see it happen over and over.🙁

Tom
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I've looked at a some of the listings, sometimes I can spot what's wrong, other times not.
My eBay ID is listed in my profile, please go thru what I currently listed and PM me if you see any problem ones.
I know the Platts is questionable but I did ask here on the forum about it and several replies thought it was OK.
Hubby did keep a notebook with vague descriptions. I saw a couple that were noted, "replaced blade". Hopefully
I can figure out which knives they are/were.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”