Case "Junior Scout Knife".

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
cody6268

Case "Junior Scout Knife".

Post by cody6268 »

I'm not expert, and am in fact an utter novice when it comes to knives made before WWII, but I can tell this is a fake across the board.

First red flag, the seller "jazzygambling" who is a huge time purveyor of fakes. Secondly, it's made in Germany--I think Case didn't even offer a German-made knife until like the 1980s or 1990s, and that was short-lived. Thirdly, this definitely looks cobbled. The screwdriver/bottle opener appears to go with a much newer knife, and should be paired up with a modern claw-type opener. The flat head screwdriver/scraper blade should be paired up with the old style "sickle" type or the dagger-type w/stud. If it was an old Case, it should have the dagger-like opener with a stud in my opinion.

I think it's a Wadsworth frame, with most likely a shaved and restamped blade and cobbled mess. So cobbled, to the point I ain't sure what parts came from where. I believe there are parts from at least three different knives in this dumpster fire.

What really bugs me is that there are people dumb enough to have bid this thing up to $51 at my time of posting, when a real prewar Case Scout, from a member here who is a really experienced Case collector that is 100% real is bid to just $44.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-1940 ... SwySNgNWpW
Attachments
s-l1600FKSPSS.jpg
s-l1600FKSII.jpg
s-l1600FKS.jpg
just bob

Re: Case "Junior Scout Knife".

Post by just bob »

Absolutely shameful. The man has no integrity at all. Looks to me as if there are a lot of welded up wonders among his current listings. How many people are doing this type of welding on knives?
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

That knife is a dumpster fire on a train wreck!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I don’t even look at jazzygambling listings. They’re all junk, and if there should be a rare honest one I wouldn’t give him any of my money regardless. ::barf::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Thanks for posting. We all got to be one our toes for those fraudsters!

Bob
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Hard to trust a name like jazzygambling to start with. Add to that the number of appearances his knives make here in the Counterfeit Forum and good reason to quickly look past his "offerings". Like Ken said, even if he has an occasional good knife I wouldn't consider giving my money to him. Worked to hard for what I have to give it to a thief.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”