NOT an Original Schrade Cut Co

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
ea42

NOT an Original Schrade Cut Co

Post by ea42 »

Hey folks, just wanted to make you aware that Schrade NEVER used this kind of cover on their knives. In fact they never used a shield like that either. I noticed some folks are actually bidding on that one so figured it might be a good idea to put a warning up. Take note of that massively over buffed pen blade too, there's absolutely no shoulder left on the tang.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384118333343?h ... SwwLhgh2eo

Eric
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: NOT an Original Schrade Cut Co

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Eric. ::handshake::
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Here are the auction photos. Tang stamps look a little wonky as well??? Thanks for posting Eric.
Attachments
notcutco.jpg
notcutco1.jpg
notcutco2.jpg
notcutco3.jpg
notcutco4.jpg
notcutco5.jpg
notcutco6.jpg
notcutco7.jpg
Dan
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Yeah Eric, agree on the bone, and the stamps are not real either.

The does look like nice old bone, but as you said nothing like any bone ever used by Schrade.

This seller has some knives up that look good, and some that look like Myrtle Faye specials.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

The listing has ended. Hopefully it was pulled after the seller became aware of the red flags that rose.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

This seller has 15 knives listed which by title are all very collectible vintage USA folding knives. It would be helpful to know which are the "Myrtle Faye specials".
I could of spotted the Schrade Cut Co. as a fake but i do not know enough about the other brands to reliably spot the fakes.
kj
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Yes, good catch there. That definitely does not look like any Winter bottom bone that I ever saw. In places the cuts criss-cross, very similar to older Japanese scrat jigging.
And the tang stamps are way too crisp to be in over-buffed blades.
Admittedly those of you more familiar with older Schrader knives can pick out more than I did, but those were what caught my eye.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”