Opinions on this

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
wornoutwrench

Opinions on this

Post by wornoutwrench »

What do you all think about this knife? I thought the stamps looked off and the wear on the covers seems uneven with one side looking more worn than the other. Nice knife regardless.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194059903969?_ ... OON.R2.TR5
Experience keeps a dear school but fools will learn in no other.

Not all who disagree with wise men are fools.
Dan In MI

Re: Opinions on this

Post by Dan In MI »

The coping blade looks pretty raggedy. I agree that something is amiss with the covers and tang stamp. Perhaps we're wrong, but I wouldn't fork over that kind of money without getting a few opinions.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I hesitate to chime in when someone asks a question about an old Case knife. I will be the first to admit that I don’t buy and sell old Case knives very often so I don’t have an experts eye for these knives. With what I know, I think the knife looks legit. I had one similar years back that had much more wear on the handles than this one. These look like the right handles. Case isn’t exactly known for matching the front scale and the back scale. They usually have a lot of variation from one side to the other. Plus sometimes people display these in light and that changes the coloration on the side exposed to the light.
Someone with more experience will probably tell you better than I can.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I would be more suspicious if the handles were bone, but stag is often very mismatched to begin with (technically, I guess ever piece is an unique as a fingerprint).
Probably not pristine enough to gather that price, but not a bad looking knife to me.
But, then again, I am still learning!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Pictures, for posterity.
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”