I hope nobody here is bidding on this one!!

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Gunsil

I hope nobody here is bidding on this one!!

Post by Gunsil »

This knife looks nice, but it is a KA-BAR T 29 two blade fish knife with the scaler blade removed and pearl scales added. If you look closely you can see the "hook strightener" hole in one bottom bolster. KA-BAR never made this knife in a single blade or in pearl.

https://ebay.us/2kcEFA
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I hope nobody here is bidding on this one!!

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sellers pictures, for future educational purposes after the listing is gone.

Ken
Attachments
BB91B31D-6017-48F7-B8D9-537A7D309B7B.jpeg
774C26C7-6EA1-4EAB-A43C-D97D8D688A20.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Thanks Ken, I still haven't learned how to do that.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 pm Sellers pictures, for future educational purposes after the listing is gone.
Gunsil wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:36 pm I still haven't learned how to do that.
If you're using a mobile device, switch to classic view (the smaller pictures in mobile view, as far as I'm concerned, are useless). Open the desired image in a new tab and save it. Then just attach it when composing a new message.

And don't worry...I'll not be bidding on that one.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:42 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 pm Sellers pictures, for future educational purposes after the listing is gone.
If you're using a mobile device, switch to classic view (the smaller pictures in mobile view, as far as I'm concerned, are useless). Open the desired image in a new tab and save it. Then just attach it when composing a new message.

I definitely won't be bidding either Dan. Also, I would say hopefully no one bids on it but well it's up to seven bidders now ::teary_eyes::.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Ken
Thank you for the pictures Mumbleypeg :D.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Gunsil wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:28 pm This knife looks nice, but it is a KA-BAR T 29 two blade fish knife with the scaler blade removed and pearl scales added. If you look closely you can see the "hook strightener" hole in one bottom bolster. KA-BAR never made this knife in a single blade or in pearl.

https://ebay.us/2kcEFA
Thank you for the post Gunsil. People like you keep this site alive :D.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I find this to be an interesting (and misrepresented) "restomod" knife. The hafting work on the pearl scales looks pretty good to me, but what's with the front bolster pin heads?
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:42 pm

Thanks Dan. I am using an Apple desktop, never use my Iphone for much but phone calls and texts, reading e-mail, occasionally to take photos and have no idea about different "views". Been collecting and studying knives for over fifty years but I am fairly illiterate when it comes to using smart phones. Learning more but it isn't so easy for a geezer like myself.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”