jazzygambling at it again

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Dan In MI

Re: jazzygambling at it again

Post by Dan In MI »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:25 pm The best solution has always been, and continues to be knowledgeable buyers.
Very, very true. One can also report an item as counterfeit...makes me wonder how many such reports it takes for them to pull an item and/or shut a seller down (even though getting back aboard after a ban isn't overly difficult).
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:31 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:25 pm The best solution has always been, and continues to be knowledgeable buyers.
Very, very true. One can also report an item as counterfeit...makes me wonder how many such reports it takes for them to pull an item and/or shut a seller down (even though getting back aboard after a ban isn't overly difficult).
I’ve reported them to eBay many times, especially after advising a seller, to no avail. I have yet to receive any reply from eBay, or even acknowledgement they received my complaint. I’ve given up on that course of action. Some sellers will pull the item, or add to the listing a disclaimer saying someone told them the knife is a fake. Others reply “mind your own business”, or “thanks for the advice” (and continue the listing, changing nothing). Sometimes even a knife that was in a removed listing shows up again later listed by a different seller. Once a counterfeit turns up in the marketplace they seem to get re-cycled. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
just bob

Post by just bob »

Think Ebay is concerned about counterfeit knives? Think again. This should have been easy to spot. We've seen this same knife in this forum before.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174809849625?h ... 7675.l2557
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

I checked - it sold for $306 with 29 bids! The discussions about counterfeiting really concern me. I’m less than a year into knife collecting, so I’m very new at this. I certainly would have been taken in by this listing. I like to collect old as well as new knives. However - although I know it’s possible - I’ve still backed off of bidding on some old knives just because they looked TOO good! But, all I can go by is a gut feeling until I get better educated.
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

tvic, the stores here at AAPK have quite a few very good vintage knives and it would be a rare event to get a fake knife from an AAPK seller.
AAPK is a safe place to shop for authentic vintage knives.
kj
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:46 am tvic, the stores here at AAPK have quite a few very good vintage knives and it would be a rare event to get a fake knife from an AAPK seller.
kj
::tu:: ::nod::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:46 am tvic, the stores here at AAPK have quite a few very good vintage knives and it would be a rare event to get a fake knife from an AAPK seller.
kj
I 2nd that, I bought a good many knives from the folks here at AAPK and always got a good deal. ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”