Local Auction Listings

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Local Auction Listings

Post by just bob »

This is an upcoming on line auction near me. Notice especially lots 198, 207, 223, 234, and 260. There may be others? These are about as bad of fakes as we have seen on here. I'm considering starting a pool on the exact date these knives will show up on Ebay after the auction ends - it won't be long.

https://harmeyerauction.hibid.com/catal ... /?q=knives
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Local Auction Listings

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

Looks bad on that Auction & Appraisal Co. that they would list such obvious fakes.
Kevin
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

They probably don't know the first thing about knives. Just trying to move this lot of goods off their block.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Kramersknife

Post by Kramersknife »

If you complain to them they block you and give you a bad rep on there where all other auctioneers can see and you cant. They then start black balling you..
just bob

Post by just bob »

Almost anyone that attends an auction is aware that each and every auctioneer has some type of disclaimer. Many times it is on the back of bidding card. In this case it is in the auctions terms and conditions.

Warranties:
a) Everything is sold "AS IS/WHERE IS" with no warranties, representation or guarantees expressed, implied or otherwise given. All sales are final.

Conditions of Items Sold:
a) All information is believed to be accurate, but the auction company shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness of or defect in any lot, and makes no warranty in connection therewith.
No allowance will be made or sale set aside on account of any incorrectness, error in cataloging or any imperfection not noted. No deduction will be allowed on damaged articles as all goods being exposed for public exhibition are sold "as is" and without recourse. Harmeyer Auction & Appraisal Co., LLC. requires any and all buyers to preview and make your own opinion of conditions.

You will also be made to agree to these terms prior to bidding. You will not be able to return an item.

The man and woman team that manages these auctions are among the nicest people on the face of the earth. They manage several auctions a week. They sell anything from farm equipment to baseball cards. There is no way under the sun these people should be expected to know the authenticity of the items they are selling. They offer an in house auction preview where interested persons can go in and examine an item and determine that for themselves. My thoughts are that the consignor bears the brunt of responsibility for the proper description of an item and not the auction house. They are acting as agents only and can not be expected to know everything about so many different items. I believe, but am not certain that the person consigning these knives calls himself a picker and goes from yard sales to flea markets buying items to consign in to these auctions. I'm pretty sure he is not a knife expert. If they get a lot of complaints about his items then I think they would deal with that accordingly.
What gripes me about these on line auctions is that you don't really get a good look at things. Many times they show one side of a knife / the back side maybe broken. Pictures don't lie but many times are inconclusive. Let us all remember caveat emptor and bid accordingly. I doubt the bad knives in this auction bring anywhere near the prices we see on Ebay.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”