Another one out of Colorado

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
tongueriver

Another one out of Colorado

Post by tongueriver »

The seller leaves out an important 'bit' of information. Not exactly a counterfeit, but...
The rehandle stuff out of Colorado is usually Western, but here is another candidate. These listed workovers sell like hotcakes. They rarely are listed as rehandles. The Westerns are intended to look like the colored sheath knives of the 1950s. Now, I could be wrong about this Kinfolks; it would not be the first time, so asking for input.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353637638703?h ... SwW0NhIoLq
kin.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Gunsil

Re: Another one out of Colorado

Post by Gunsil »

Not sure about that one Cal. Definitely buffed too much but Kinfolks did make that hatchet with butterscotch celluloid handles. Most I have seen had a more even amber look to them but most of the spurious "Colorado" handles are acrylic with more pattern to them than the ebay one. Also, the "Colorado" Western knives I have seen had split handles and i would be one thick piece of acrylic to make a solid round handle.
tongueriver

Re: Another one out of Colorado

Post by tongueriver »

Gunsil wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 am Not sure about that one Cal. Definitely buffed too much but Kinfolks did make that hatchet with butterscotch celluloid handles. Most I have seen had a more even amber look to them but most of the spurious "Colorado" handles are acrylic with more pattern to them than the ebay one. Also, the "Colorado" Western knives I have seen had split handles and i would be one thick piece of acrylic to make a solid round handle.
Good points. I now just see a buffed hatchet. It is nice.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”