Remington Tortoise shell

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Remington Tortoise shell

Post by 98src »

I bought one just like this one for my collection, but I knew it was a FAKE. It was cheap. https://www.ebay.com/itm/393561988726?h ... SwzU1hOg4v
kootenay joe

Re: Remington Tortoise shell

Post by kootenay joe »

Are you saying the ebay Remington is a fake ? I think it is authentic but i don't know a huge amount about the vintage Remingtons.
kj
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

R2063 should be bone, doesn't look like Remington used tortoise shell. Looks cool, but not legit. ::mdm::
Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (15.19 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just bob

Post by just bob »

I just went on Google and looked at pics of R 2063's. The knife in the OP looks nothing like these. Is the seller mistaken on the model # ? I also notice the pins don't match the bolsters. Looks like a make over?

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... knives-old
Attachments
0000000.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 98src »

Remington didn't use steel bolster pins and the blade etch is much too big. The knife that I have in my collection is identical to the one on ebay, so, probably several were made. Looks like German quality. One of Sargent's books had a picture of one, but could have been a fake just like mine and the ebay one.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I often see original Remington knives in which the shield is not the same as the one shown in my Remington book. Did Remington at times use up knife parts such that there are authentic knives that are not shown in the reference book ?
kj
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

In reference to the number 2063, the auction listing states that is just an ID number. No mention of a pattern number.
I do agree the Remington blade stamp is too big.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”