Abalone Tested Case whittler???

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Abalone Tested Case whittler???

Post by 98src »

Someone is going to be disappointed. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265322785100?h ... SwIDthSTeC
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Abalone Tested Case whittler???

Post by btrwtr »

Seller doesn't look like a knife person so he might not know how truely terrible this fake is. Nothing old about it.
Attachments
9380.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

The handles are the “Imitation Abalone” like Parker used on the 1993 Peacock series. Hard to believe that knife would fool bidders👎

Tom
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

Tom is absolutely correct. Celluloid I believe. I had one of the Peacock series in a Sowbelly pattern and gave it to a friend who promptly replaced the covers.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

😔 😔 😔
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I don't think Case ever made that pattern (looks like an 80) in anything but jigged bone or Delrin, at least through the 1970s, except the NKCA version made in 1976 with white Delrin covers. They certainly never made it with abalone or imitation abalone during the Tested era.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

Case did make a Stag 5380 Carpenter's Whittler for the 1983 Whittler Set. The set included a 5308 and a 5383, each with scrolled bolsters. So Ken, you are correct as usual. Through the 1970's they only used Bone and Delrin.

The 1976 White Delrin NKCA knife you mention is hard to find without pin cracks.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”