Did Case make a small hawkbill?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
dougieboy

Did Case make a small hawkbill?

Post by dougieboy »

I saw a Case Tested small version of what the owner called a small hawk. Was such a knife ever made? It has green bone handles and was sharpened down some. Could this be a swayback instead of a small hawkbill?
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Did Case make a small hawkbill?

Post by knifeaholic »

Yes they did...Tested stamp and older only. Pattern # 61013.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
dougieboy

Post by dougieboy »

Thanks for the information. I will see the person that had it this weekend, hopefully I can pick this up.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

dougieboy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 pm Thanks for the information. I will see the person that had it this weekend, hopefully I can pick this up.

And make sure you post some pictures if you do! 😉👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dougieboy

Post by dougieboy »

I got the small hawkbill on Saturday morning. I will post pictures as soon as I can. The blade has been sharpened quite a bit but the green bone is beautiful. Not near mint but so rare that I had to have it. This is a flea market find. You never know where you will find something odd or rare.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

dougieboy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:56 pm I got the small hawkbill on Saturday morning. I will post pictures as soon as I can. The blade has been sharpened quite a bit but the green bone is beautiful. Not near mint but so rare that I had to have it. This is a flea market find. You never know where you will find something odd or rare.
Congrats. ::tu::

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”