Suspicious Toothpicks from Jazzy Gambling on Ebay pt 1

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Robo

Suspicious Toothpicks from Jazzy Gambling on Ebay pt 1

Post by Robo »

Better late than never, I guess, Because this Auction is ending in under three hours. But I have deep concerns about two toothpick/Ticklers Jazzy Gambling has up for auction: The first one is supposed to be a Tested era toothpick. Jazzy doesn't list a pattern number but pattern numbers are rare on Tested era Case pocket knives. The problems: No swedge (top grind) on blade,and Large angular choil. Both these are charicteristics of Imperial toothpicks with high pull type blade (See Photos). Next, the back springs don't "wrap around" the end-cap on Tested Era (or any era) toothpicks, Nor does it wrap around on Imperials of any era. But the backspring DOES "wrap around" (see pic) the end cap of (and I checked over 20 different manufacturers) the Ulster pre WWII Toothpick. (SEE PHOTOS). My conclusion: Imperial high-pull blade stuck in a Ulster Pre-WWII handle. The Tested stamp is blurry but I'm assuming it's fake.

I contacted Seller and I assume all sellers are innocent and just don't know they are selling a parts knife/counterfeit. Also, pictures do lie sometimes and I'll cheerfully apologize if I am incorrect, but It needs to be proven to me, not merely asserted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194497252194?m ... olid=10050
Attachments
Ulster back spring (center) wraps around end cap. Case (Left) and Imperial (right) don't
Ulster back spring (center) wraps around end cap. Case (Left) and Imperial (right) don't
Imperial High pull blade (nail nick toward back of blade) lacks swedge (top grind). Plus Imperial toothpick blades have distinctive, deep angular choil. Cases are shallow and round.
Imperial High pull blade (nail nick toward back of blade) lacks swedge (top grind). Plus Imperial toothpick blades have distinctive, deep angular choil. Cases are shallow and round.
(expand photo) Neither the 095 (yellow handle) or 093 (bone) profiles match the knife in question compare pin placements.
(expand photo) Neither the 095 (yellow handle) or 093 (bone) profiles match the knife in question compare pin placements.
profile doesn't match that of the Case Tested era 093, or 095
profile doesn't match that of the Case Tested era 093, or 095
Back spring doesn't look like Case or Imperial, But does match pre wwII Ulster Toothpick
Back spring doesn't look like Case or Imperial, But does match pre wwII Ulster Toothpick
Imperial Choil: large, angular
Imperial Choil: large, angular
cody6268

Re: Suspicious Toothpicks from Jazzy Gambling on Ebay pt 1

Post by cody6268 »

One thing I've learned here over the years is that pretty much everything from this seller will be, in some way, fake, cobbled, altered, or counterfeit.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I wouldn’t trust ANYTHING sold by jazzygambling to be legitimate. Buying from him is gambling for sure, and the odds are not in the buyer’s favor. ::tear::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kris_kross

Post by kris_kross »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 am I wouldn’t trust ANYTHING sold by jazzygambling to be legitimate. Buying from him is gambling for sure, and the odds are not in the buyer’s favor. ::tear::

Ken
Lol, I actually laughed out loud when I read this, not familiar with that particular seller but thanks for the head's up
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

jazzygambling is a name that is in itself hard to put trust in. Given that this seller offers so many welded blades, cobbled, poorly repaired and frankenknives as his mainstay is reason to have him on my never buy from list. Not sure who buys all his junk and leaves him such stellar feedback for it.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”