Case xx cattle knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Potechop

Case xx cattle knife

Post by Potechop »

This knife is listed on eBay and it doesn’t look like any xx I ever owned. The bolsters the shields on both sides of the handles and the jigging makes it suspicious to me.Wanted to see what others thought of this knife.
Attachments
FFAE1EF1-16EF-4BC8-BE6C-38B6EA089FBF.png
C66EEE92-CEB2-4B2E-80BF-91CAD428BDF1.png
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case xx cattle knife

Post by herbva »

This one raises a lot of red flags for me. Among other things, I've never seen any 45 , let alone any Case, with shields on both sides. Then there's the slotted bolsters and the tang stamp that looks to me like it was added after taking off whatever was on the tang to begin with. And the shape of the blades doesn't look right. And, .................. ::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Looks like one of the many reinvented Utica knives branded for CocaCola and the like.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

btrwtr wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:48 am Looks like one of the many reinvented Utica knives branded for CocaCola and the like.
Yes, a few years ago Ebay was flooded with those fakes.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Check out what this one is bidded up to now. Wow. I used to like this seller. Not anymore. Willing to take that much dough for a copyright infringing knock off to unsuspecting buyers. Very sad. And no respect for Case Co. whom he is using the reputation and hundred year history unduely.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224709591283?_ ... %7Ciid%3A1
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Another good example of what a shaved, re-stamped tang looks like.

Ken
Attachments
2EFE4C95-BF5A-4D81-B489-93FE2E674820.jpeg
041C52DF-1C9B-45FD-89A8-D74A770F37CE.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
winst

Post by winst »

I informed the seller within 15 mins. after it was posted for sale, that it was a fake knife--to no avail--sold for $400.00--to bad--some poor uninformed ebayer got stuck for big bucks.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

It pays to do your homework first. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

winst wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 pm I informed the seller within 15 mins. after it was posted for sale, that it was a fake knife--to no avail--sold for $400.00--to bad--some poor uninformed ebayer got stuck for big bucks.
I told him the same a few days ago. Did not even respond. Doesn't want to know if it's fake because it's bringing in so much money.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”