Fake business

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
hddarts

Fake business

Post by hddarts »

I know this is for fake knives.
Has anyone ever heard of store.Desert Gateway Wholesaler

$5.91
Imperial Schrade Small Trapper 1
IMP19PRT__91991.1382366894.1280.1280.jpg
If I have to tell you, You wouldn't understand
Samb

Re: Fake business

Post by Samb »

Nope.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

How about the fakery business?
Attachments
Screenshot_20211130-154501.png
Screenshot_20211130-154423.png
Screenshot_20211130-154407.png
Screenshot_20211130-154019.png
Screenshot_20211130-153930.png
Screenshot_20211130-153836.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

We often talk about small-scale counterfeiters of antique knives, but eBay is filled with Chinese eBay sellers who sell almost entirely counterfeit merchandise.

I think eBay is trying to rebrand itself as an Alibaba competitor. They make it difficult for many small sellers, but bend over backward to attract Chinese sellers, who, in many cases, only sell counterfeit merchandise. I have reported countless dozens, and even manufacturers like Spyderco have had trouble fighting them. The response hasn't been pulling the listings. They allow these sellers to photoshop out all identifying marks, and not mention the brand in their listing, but it's still the same old counterfeits.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

cody6268 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:55 pm We often talk about small-scale counterfeiters of antique knives, but eBay is filled with Chinese eBay sellers who sell almost entirely counterfeit merchandise.

I think eBay is trying to rebrand itself as an Alibaba competitor. They make it difficult for many small sellers, but bend over backward to attract Chinese sellers, who, in many cases, only sell counterfeit merchandise. I have reported countless dozens, and even manufacturers like Spyderco have had trouble fighting them. The response hasn't been pulling the listings. They allow these sellers to photoshop out all identifying marks, and not mention the brand in their listing, but it's still the same old counterfeits.

I don't think I would ever bid on a tactical knife on eBay, for this reason. Hopefully the big knife stores like Blade HQ, KnifeCenter, etc know what they are buying and not some knockoffs.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

cody6268 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:55 pm We often talk about small-scale counterfeiters of antique knives, but eBay is filled with Chinese eBay sellers who sell almost entirely counterfeit merchandise.

Be careful, or someone will accuse you of being a xenophobic curmudgeon. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

This is exactly why I don't want anythng to do with Chinese knives. They are con artists to the max. Even the Chinese Queens are using the name of an American brand and fraudulently taking advantage of that to sell junk to unsuspecting buyers. The whole country is fine with copyright infringement, brand reputation abuse, false advertizing, never giving credit or, or unliscenced use of the original brand and full on fraud in the way of these fake Chris Reeves and Benchmade etc. They don't give Chris Reeves or others a dime of their profits, but they misuse and falsely cash in on the CReeves reputation AND con unsuspecting or ignorant buyers who don't know better. Shame on the whole country and dictatorial authoritarian idiocracy for letting this go on. Check out their Chinese air force bombers and fighters. They are pirated, stolen copies of ours. They are the worlds biggest thieves and liars and con artists and I look at who makes the products I buy and NEVER buy Chinese unless there is no alternative or maybe the lying fraud peddlers put someone elses name on it and I don't know about it. Don't support the worlds biggest Communist authoritarian dictatorship liars and thieves. And now they are threatening Japan with "their second unconditional surrender and nuclear holocaust" if Japan dares to send one gun, one tank, one boat to defend Taiwan against Chinese take over and occupation. Check it out everyone, they have a no first strike policy and they have openly vowed to violate their own policy and make a first strike if Japan sends one gun, one soldier, one tank to help the Taiwanese. Threats and lies, like a true thug state. And that inclues us if we help them. China is threatening the whole world with nuclear destruction and will first strike at a moments notice if we don't bow to their tyranny. That is their ulitimate goal so don't fund the future nuclear destructio of the world for a cheap knock off knife to save a few bucks. The money you save will not help you when the Chinese Commies nuke your city.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
winst

Post by winst »

Glad we have this platform--if these things were posted on "facebook" they would be taken down in an instant.. Keep up the good work AAPK of exposing these scammers. Love your guys outspoken post that keeps honest cutlery enthusiast informed of these frauds.
hddarts

Post by hddarts »

Winst: I posted this fake business, I don't know if it is legit or not just hoping someone had any info about it.
If I have to tell you, You wouldn't understand
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Just as with anything, if it seems too good to be true it probably is. Personally I lump the sellers of name brand knock-offs and counterfeiters of old knives in the same bucket with the ones who call you on the phone, or send texts and emails saying your credit card has been cancelled, your social security has been suspended, and all other scams. A crook is a crook regardless how they operate.

The internet is filled with scammers - if in doubt keep your money in your pocket.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:35 pm

Be careful, or someone will accuse you of being a xenophobic curmudgeon. :lol:

Ken
::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
wornoutwrench

Post by wornoutwrench »

Ivoryman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:41 pm This is exactly why I don't want anythng to do with Chinese knives. They are con artists to the max. Even the Chinese Queens are using the name of an American brand and fraudulently taking advantage of that to sell junk to unsuspecting buyers. The whole country is fine with copyright infringement, brand reputation abuse, false advertizing, never giving credit or, or unliscenced use of the original brand and full on fraud in the way of these fake Chris Reeves and Benchmade etc. They don't give Chris Reeves or others a dime of their profits, but they misuse and falsely cash in on the CReeves reputation AND con unsuspecting or ignorant buyers who don't know better. Shame on the whole country and dictatorial authoritarian idiocracy for letting this go on. Check out their Chinese air force bombers and fighters. They are pirated, stolen copies of ours. They are the worlds biggest thieves and liars and con artists and I look at who makes the products I buy and NEVER buy Chinese unless there is no alternative or maybe the lying fraud peddlers put someone elses name on it and I don't know about it. Don't support the worlds biggest Communist authoritarian dictatorship liars and thieves. And now they are threatening Japan with "their second unconditional surrender and nuclear holocaust" if Japan dares to send one gun, one tank, one boat to defend Taiwan against Chinese take over and occupation. Check it out everyone, they have a no first strike policy and they have openly vowed to violate their own policy and make a first strike if Japan sends one gun, one soldier, one tank to help the Taiwanese. Threats and lies, like a true thug state. And that inclues us if we help them. China is threatening the whole world with nuclear destruction and will first strike at a moments notice if we don't bow to their tyranny. That is their ulitimate goal so don't fund the future nuclear destructio of the world for a cheap knock off knife to save a few bucks. The money you save will not help you when the Chinese Commies nuke your city.
I absolutly agree. China is buying the world one dollar at a time. I wish people would wake up and stop buying ANYTHING from China. There would be some tough periods until things could be produced back here or elsewhere, but we need to play a long game like they are.
Experience keeps a dear school but fools will learn in no other.

Not all who disagree with wise men are fools.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

My new opinion is to buy the cheapest, most junky misaligned knife available and if someone counterfeits it that means I can buy it for a upgrade.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
ea42

Post by ea42 »

hddarts wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:12 pm I know this is for fake knives.

$5.91

All I can find is that they charge sales tax for Arizona purchasers so they must be based in Arizona. No other info available anywhere, not even an address.

Eric
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

I have been looking at a few Benchmade knives and thought of trying one out. However, I'm not knowledgeable enough to buy Benchmade knives obviously, because even after doing my homework I was fooled. I thought I knew how to identify a counterfeit/fake/knock off but was mistaken. Recently purchased a Bugout 535 and thought it was good, although as it was in the mail and I waited, I kept having second thoughts. The seller had it listed for $110 so compared to the $27-39 Bugouts being offered, and some even disclosing they are from China, I thought the one I bought was good. It wasn't too far out of line on price for a real Bugout. But as soon as I saw the box sticker with no date on it I was suspicious. Also the sticker with bar code was off center quite a bit. Never seen another like that. Then the inside of the box had no formed cut out Styrofoam liners for protection, and the frame of the knife was unusually flexible. Then after looking it over I realized the pocket clip was a bit different from the other full priced Bugouts, and the thumb stud was bright blue on one side, and faded out blue, or discolored on the other side. Not like any other Benchmade I could find. Problem was all these items were not shown in the sellers photos and that should have been my first clue. Nevertheless, with my tail between my legs I did some more research and found it was indeed a fake. The seller has "no returns" right in his listing and heading, but if you don't know, that is a blatant lie on feebay. They do take returns if you make them and contact feebay about such warnings. So the up side is that I was able to get a return/refund and the seller was helpful and decent in all communications with me about that, but it's still so disappointing when you get taken. I also went on youtube and watched every video on fake Benchmade stuff and even after that I felt I might not be able to tell a fake if it was not showing close ups of these items I have mentioned. Many videos mentioned how good the Bugout fakes are and how the color, etch, studs, screws, action, grind etc. etc. etc. is spot on, making me even less certain I could actually spot a fake. Buyer beware and hope it doesn't happen to you. There are some amazing fakes out there and more doing it all the time. Hope you never have to deal with this issue, but felt like sharing it in the hope it may help someone like me who didn't know better and may be able to learn something to help avoid it happening. Good luck to all on this subject and hope you never have to deal with this kind of experience. I'm so much happier with my GECs too, since to my knowledge, there is not the huge problem of fakes out there like with other brands. Still, it stings for a while.
Attachments
thumbnail_20220414_120019.jpg
thumbnail_20220414_120044.jpg
thumbnail_20220414_120053.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry to read this, Ivory. That's why I stick with the big knife stores when buying tacticals. Hopefully they know what they're selling. ::paranoid::

Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Ivoryman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:41 pm This is exactly why I don't want anythng to do with Chinese knives. They are con artists to the max. Even the Chinese Queens are using the name of an American brand and fraudulently taking advantage of that to sell junk to unsuspecting buyers. The whole country is fine with copyright infringement, brand reputation abuse, false advertizing, never giving credit or, or unliscenced use of the original brand and full on fraud in the way of these fake Chris Reeves and Benchmade etc. They don't give Chris Reeves or others a dime of their profits, but they misuse and falsely cash in on the CReeves reputation AND con unsuspecting or ignorant buyers who don't know better. Shame on the whole country and dictatorial authoritarian idiocracy for letting this go on. Check out their Chinese air force bombers and fighters. They are pirated, stolen copies of ours. They are the worlds biggest thieves and liars and con artists and I look at who makes the products I buy and NEVER buy Chinese unless there is no alternative or maybe the lying fraud peddlers put someone elses name on it and I don't know about it. Don't support the worlds biggest Communist authoritarian dictatorship liars and thieves. And now they are threatening Japan with "their second unconditional surrender and nuclear holocaust" if Japan dares to send one gun, one tank, one boat to defend Taiwan against Chinese take over and occupation. Check it out everyone, they have a no first strike policy and they have openly vowed to violate their own policy and make a first strike if Japan sends one gun, one soldier, one tank to help the Taiwanese. Threats and lies, like a true thug state. And that inclues us if we help them. China is threatening the whole world with nuclear destruction and will first strike at a moments notice if we don't bow to their tyranny. That is their ulitimate goal so don't fund the future nuclear destructio of the world for a cheap knock off knife to save a few bucks. The money you save will not help you when the Chinese Commies nuke your city.
This is a great post, Ivoryman. One of the best I have seen in a while.
Mel
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

When I go to a store (sporting, mail orders, etc) I always look for made in China, I put it down or hang it back up, and walk on! ::skeptic::
::skeptic::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I-man, I know that feeling in the pit of your stomach and the feeling of betrayal. That's why I recently bought my new Buck Paradigm directly from Buck, even though I found them offered cheaper elsewhere. Sorta like buying insurance on the purchase.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Mumbly, I hear you there. Took a chance on the bay. Seller has a 100% positive feedback rating and figured he was as good as his word. Although to be fair, he never said it was U.S. made, that was my assumption. He did list it as a Benchmade, not a knock off, so I thought it was authentic and U.S. made. My mistake for thinking that. And he did rectify it and pay for the return shipping and did issue a return. Live and learn and from what I read those tacticals are notoriously counterfeited. So that pit of the stomach feeling didn't last more than half an hour and it was resolved. And you're right, if there's a next time for a Benchmade, I will spend the extra $30ish and go with a dealer, NOT an aftermarket, secondary seller. Good advice. Thanks.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

ea42 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:24 pm

$5.91

All I can find is that they charge sales tax for Arizona purchasers so they must be based in Arizona. No other info available anywhere, not even an address.

Eric
fleabay charges sales tax on every purchase regardless of where you live and where the seller is based and has been doing so since 25 September 2019. I bought an S&K yataghan bayonet made for Brazil for use on the Colt revolving rifle on 24 September 2019 and didn't have to pay sales tax. I bought a Western L76 on 26 September and had to pay sales tax on it. I have since had to pony up sales tax on all purchases ever since, even from the UK, Czech, Spain, Greece, Canada, Argentina, Australia, Japan, Poland, Latvia, France.

The sad thing is that there is absolutely no way to determine if all the sales tax collected from me (or any other buyer) is properly submitted to the Comptroller of the State of Texas. It could simply be a cash cow for fleabay.

ZZZ
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

TrudyArias wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:30 pm Selling counterfeit merchandise is not only illegal but also hurts legitimate businesses that are trying to sell authentic products.
Well stated, Trudy!
::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake::
8)
8)
pointythings

Post by pointythings »

I saw this thread and immediately thought it was about fake online stores, not stores that sell fakes or the business of making and selling fakes.

I've noticed a trend of stores showing up on the web that use an established website's logo and sometimes their web design and product photos. The prices of products are usually MUCH lower than the real site.

If you dig into the domain name or contact info, you see the site is based out of Asia, not the USA like the real site.

From researching some of these fake sites, there is feedback from people who were duped. Their money was taken and no products sent. Wouldn't be surprised if their credit card info was also stolen.
hddarts

Post by hddarts »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 am
Has anyone ever heard of store.Desert Gateway Wholesaler

$5.91

Eric
fleabay charges sales tax on every purchase regardless of where you live and where the seller is based and has been doing so since 25 September 2019. I bought an S&K yataghan bayonet made for Brazil for use on the Colt revolving rifle on 24 September 2019 and didn't have to pay sales tax. I bought a Western L76 on 26 September and had to pay sales tax on it. I have since had to pony up sales tax on all purchases ever since, even from the UK, Czech, Spain, Greece, Canada, Argentina, Australia, Japan, Poland, Latvia, France.

The sad thing is that there is absolutely no way to determine if all the sales tax collected from me (or any other buyer) is properly submitted to the Comptroller of the State of Texas. It could simply be a cash cow for fleabay.

ZZZ
I read a article from the Texas comptroller about taxes referring to fleabay and sales tax, basically it said that the e-play store dies NOT have to collect sales tax if their revenue is less than $300,000. A year in the state they are selling un.and that means that you don't have to pay sales tax
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

hddarts wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:45 pm
zzyzzogeton wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 am

Eric

ZZZ
I read a article from the Texas comptroller about taxes referring to fleabay and sales tax, basically it said that the e-play store dies NOT have to collect sales tax if their revenue is less than $300,000. A year in the state they are selling un.and that means that you don't have to pay sales tax
Could you provide a link to the article you mention?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”