Bad Union Knife Works

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Gunsil

Bad Union Knife Works

Post by Gunsil »

I think this seller is a member here and he ought to know better than to advertise this knife as being made 1911-1913. He even states it has acrylic handles when that material didn't exist in that era.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225410742116?m ... edia=EMAIL
centennialknives
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Bad Union Knife Works

Post by centennialknives »

I agree -- even to an amateur eye as mine, it looks too knew, with newer, modern materials to be from 1911.
Robert
Washington, IL (near Peoria)
"Always keep an edge on your knife 'cause a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life." - Corb Lund
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Thought the same thing... not the real deal , I put one just like it on my watch list not too long ago just to see how much it would sell for ::skeptic::

Randy
Attachments
20230210_091221.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Photos added before the listing disappears:
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
I agree that it looks too good for its purported age. If memory serves me correctly, Gunsil has previously called out the seller for misrepresenting his wares, and received a response that made me not want to buy anything from him.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Nothing about that knife is correct.Very poor cold stamp job.
Roger
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Pathetic but not unusual for bay fishing.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

It’s getting to the point that I just won’t buy anything that shiny or dolled up unless it’s straight out of a bona fide factory collection or something like that.

There was a time, maybe 30 years ago, when it wasn’t easy to source specific old knives that easily. Does anyone here remember getting “lists” mailed to them from antique knife dealers in the 90’s, with photocopies of knives for sale? Well, now that eBay is here people can search for specific parts and this and that to cobble crap together. Plus with all of the 3D printing and laser cutting I think we are on the cusp of an entirely new era of vintage knife counterfeiting.

Add in the fact that there are a lot of young collectors out there now that haven’t had the chance to scrounge up used beat up genuine old knives at flea markets (and get a feel for what they truly look and feel like) and they see someone on YouTube talking about Case Tested XX and they jump online and shell out big bucks for junk fake crap. Sad!

What can we veterans collectors to to stave this off?

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”