Not exactly counterfeit

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Whitneyrifle

Not exactly counterfeit

Post by Whitneyrifle »

Saw this one on the Bay. Not exactly counterfeit, but definitely misleading! The grammar…..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144830409905?h ... BM5r7uwd5h

“Kabar USA 3 Blade Knife Picked Black Handles KA-BAR OLEAN N.Y. 1923-1950 *RARE*.

-4 inch body
-main blade 2 inches

I cleaned one spot to see the time stamp. Please see all photos for condition of item prior to purchasing. KA-BAR OLEAN N.Y. STAMPED. beautiful knife ! I'm sure you can clean the rest up just collectors usually like to clean it them selfs. The exact item in this photo you will receive.
Thanks and godbless !

I'm willing to entertain offers as this is a collectors item.
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Not exactly counterfeit

Post by btrwtr »

Just one of the all too many well used and abused knives on eBay being sold as if were made of gold.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I guess that rusty steel nail through the rear bolster is what makes it *RARE*. Looks like he "cleaned" the entire primary blade, or what's left of it, looking for that "time stamp". I wouldn't pay $6.99 for it let alone $699.95. ::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
There is not a doubt in my mind that, with a little patience, one could find a better example for far less.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

herbva wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:56 am I guess that rusty steel nail through the rear bolster is what makes it *RARE*. Looks like he "cleaned" the entire primary blade, or what's left of it, looking for that "time stamp". I wouldn't pay $6.99 for it let alone $699.95. ::teary_eyes::

Used and abused. I wonder if that's the remnants of a bail?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

Yeah, I think he’s off by a couple decimal points ::facepalm::
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Looks like the can opener(and possibly the screwdriver) are from a Robeson.
Attachments
IMG_5370.edit1.jpg
IMG_5371.edit1.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”