How do you rotate a picture pre listing ???

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Sweetpieces4you

How do you rotate a picture pre listing ???

Post by Sweetpieces4you »

I took 50 pictures of one knife and can’t rotate them in the position they need to be in !! or they actually rotate themselves pre listing and I can’t rotate them back before actually putting them up to view !! And can I move picture #3 to picture #8 or vice versa ???
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How do you rotate a picture pre listing ???

Post by Bryan »

Are you using an iPhone or iPad by chance?
Bryan
Sweetpieces4you

Yes , I’m using a iPad.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Try this. viewtopic.php?f=98&t=50431

Works for me anyway, when I have the problem. Note that you just have to run the picture through the "edit/crop", you do not have to actually crop it.

Bryan may have a better solution. He for sure knows more about it than I do. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Sweetpieces4you

Appreciate the advice !! But if I read that correctly it means to transfer pictures from this device to a computer and then maneuver them. I just don’t believe I should have to do that with the device I’m using !! And I don’t own a computer to download to !! Ty
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I think editing your pic with crop & straighten will do the trick...
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205659

The following link may be more helpful if you don't know how to edit/crop/straighten (pretty sure same process used with iPhone described will work with iPad)...?
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=51046

I'll try to modify the AAPK software this upcoming week to make this a non-issue going forward.
Bryan
Sweetpieces4you

Hi, TY for the advice !! I mean that sincerely!! I’m not tech savvy at all 🙈 But, I found a way to at least get started by taking 1 pic at a time and then edit them 1 at a time :shock: and then transfer them to the site !! But even in my camera I can’t move say picture 5 to picture 2 etc, and right now at least , I’m not happy with the pics. My camera can take outstanding pics but I may not be doing something right 🙈 Picture stuff :lol: What I’m doing right now is a very slow process to get pictures on ✌️But it’s a start , and hopefully I get better and faster 😂 The faster part I doubt but hopefully better pics !! That’s the important part for me anyway ✌️TYVM for helping me and Take Care ps: please in someway let me know if you do make a change ✌️
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sweetpieces4you wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:09 pm Appreciate the advice !! But if I read that correctly it means to transfer pictures from this device to a computer and then maneuver them. I just don’t believe I should have to do that with the device I’m using !! And I don’t own a computer to download to !! Ty
You should not have to transfer the pictures anywhere and you don’t need a computer. Whether you’re taking the pictures with an iPhone, iPad, or other type of smartphone they all have some kind of built-in photo editing software. If you have the picture on iPad, after you open the picture, in the upper right corner you should see “edit”. Click on it. Then you’ll see some icons on the left. One of them is for cropping the picture (on mine it’s the little square with arrows around it). Click on it. That puts the picture into crop mode, but you don’t have to actually crop it unless you want to. Then click “done”. Now post the picture to AAPK. It should post in the correct orientation. The problem apparently is created by something in the Apple software interface between iPad or iPhone and AAPK. I’ve not experienced the problem using Android or other devices.

Sorry I can’t help with the sequencing or moving them to a different order in your store. Not something I have ever attempted.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Sweetpieces4you

Yes that is what I’m doing now !! But I can’t take 10 pics in a row and then edit them because if your camera takes a bad pic ( which it occasionally does ) that has to be deleted it throws the entire sequence of pics out alignment!! And I do align my pics in a certain sequence most of the time. Just a method I use to sell Along with being able to maneuver my pics as I feel needed !! A trick of the trade that Works many times ::tu:: but I did find putting the pics in a folder allows me to maneuver them around. But all of this is time consuming. Not that I’m in any hurry but it’s not like the eBay app where I can just snap 10 pics , upload them , delete one if need be , edit and maneuver them in a very short period of time and even once listed on the site I can still go in and maneuver any or all of my pics !! And then I can list immediately or save them for another day !! As I may list 5 to 10 in one day !! TY for your help, i truly appreciate it ::tu::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

At this point the only advice I can give you is to give Bryan a little time to work on it. He's a "one man band" here at AAPK. Contrary to eBay, AAPK doesn't have an army of programmers and a staff paid to deal with the users. AAPK has one combination programmer and jack-of-all-trades (Bryan) plus a couple hardworking unpaid volunteer moderators. Which is why your selling fees are so much less here than on eBay. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Sweetpieces4you wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:07 pm please in someway let me know if you do make a change ✌️
I made a few modifications that I believe should automatically rotate your images to be seen on your listings as they appear on your iPad.

Preview might still be out of whack, but when submitted, images should be on your store listing correct.

Please let me know if this is or isn't correct next listing you add.

I'll try to get preview straightened out soon.

Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Bryan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:30 pm
Sweetpieces4you wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:07 pm please in someway let me know if you do make a change ✌️
I made a few modifications that I believe should automatically rotate your images to be seen on your listings as they appear on your iPad.

Preview might still be out of whack, but when submitted, images should be on your store listing correct.

Please let me know if this is or isn't correct next listing you add.

I'll try to get preview straightened out soon.

Thanks,
Bryan
Hi Brian. My pics were fine until yesterday afternoon. Now when I post they are sideways!!
Please help!!
John 😎
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Well... I broke things good, fellas ::cr::

Not likely working for either of you right now.

Please bear with me as I should have this fixed up for all by end of week (hopefully tomorrow / May 5). ::tu::
Bryan
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Bryan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 am Well... I broke things good, fellas ::cr::

Please bear with me as I should have this fixed up for all by end of week (hopefully tomorrow / May 5). ::tu::
No sweat.. I am grateful that you are trying to take care of this issue.. ::handshake::
John :D

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Bryan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 am Well... I broke things good, fellas ::cr::

Thank You Brian!! 🤝 I tried all the pics I was having problems with. All ok for now!!
Thanks.
John 👍

Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

In regards to the stores, this issue should be fixed for everyone as of 5/08/21 : 5:30 CST. If anyone has issues henceforth, please post & let me know ::tu::
Bryan

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”