A Rough Ryder forum is needed

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: A Rough Ryder forum is needed

Post by Shearer »

No mate, i'm sorry, i did not mean you were off topic, i meant me, asking about the floods, sorry mate, my fault. ::facepalm:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::tu::
[/quote]
Cudgee I live in Dubbo on the Macguarie River.Its only low level flooding here.If it keeping raining we will be in trouble.
North and south of Dubbo there is more flooding.I was on the central coast Friday and on the way back there is a lots of water coming down the rivers heading towards the coast and inland.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Shearer wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:34 am No mate, i'm sorry, i did not mean you were off topic, i meant me, asking about the floods, sorry mate, my fault. ::facepalm:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::tu::
Cudgee I live in Dubbo on the Macguarie River.Its only low level flooding here.If it keeping raining we will be in trouble.
North and south of Dubbo there is more flooding.I was on the central coast Friday and on the way back there is a lots of water coming down the rivers heading towards the coast and inland.

Grant
[/quote]
Hope you miss any major flooding.
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

cudgee wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:47 pmIf we had a Rough Ryder or Rough Rider forum as I see knives under both names( or spelling ) which name does the forum go under.
Ha! Or the Buckshot Bone series that has one spelling on the box and a different one on the blade etch!

I think people can figure that problem out.

Stay safe from flooding Grant. Where I live, we could use more rain. Send it our way.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I don't know what is happening here, but there is some mix-up which could cause issues. I am being quoted as what to what Shearer says, and vice versa he is being quoted as to what i say. :? :? :?
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

Hooray! Thanks Mods!
espn77

Post by espn77 »

bigshot wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:50 am Hooray! Thanks Mods!
I'm excited to see you collection in the new forum
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

I'm thinking about how to organize threads. I started a FAQ thread. This will be fun.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

bigshot wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:26 pm I'm thinking about how to organize threads. I started a FAQ thread. This will be fun.
Wanna see knives
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

Yes, I think I'm going to gather together all the knives I have in a particular style and photograph them and create a thread for that style. People who have patterns in that series that I don't have can add photos of theirs so we have a photo of each one in the series. That sounds like fun.
cbay

Post by cbay »

Patterns and series are far deep and wide for RRs. Are we going to have to navigate past those pages to make or read "general" posts that don't pertain to a specific pattern or series? Just asking. Might I suggest a "General" discussion stickied at the top of page 1.
Chris
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

There will be plenty of general threads, I'm sure.
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

There are no new threads in the new forum. I didn't even know it existed until someone pointed it out to me. It doesn't show up on the main page. It takes two clicks to get to. Is that an accident or is it intentional? The purpose of creating a new forum for Rough Ryders was to give them peer status with other brands on the forum, not to banish them to a hidden sub forum you have to know is there. It should be equal with all of the other brands in the brand list on the main page.

I'm willing to spend time photographing my collection and adding content to this forum, but I don't want to do that if it isn't wanted. I get the feeling that this forum doesn't want to feature inexpensive knives. Is that the case? If so, I'll stop bothering the admins and move on to somewhere that is interested in what I have to share. I have to admit, this has knocked the wind out of my sails.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

If i want to know about Case knives, i click on knife forum and scroll down to the American made knives and click Case knives. If i am looking for Rough Rider/Ryder i click on knife forum scroll down to Chinese made knives and click on Rough Rider sub forum. I am not at all computer literate, i am old and struggle with all technology, but if i can find the Rough Rider forum it can't be that difficult. 2 clicks and it is in front of you, the same as all knife brands. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

bigshot wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:31 amThere are no new threads in the new forum.
You got the attention and the work done you wanted.
Quit yer whinin' and use the format provided ...

If you make new posts, they will show up under Quick Links in the 'new posts' link.
This is where most of the regulars here start their day.
:)
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

royal0014 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:05 am
bigshot wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:31 amThere are no new threads in the new forum.

If you make new posts, they will show up under Quick Links in the 'new posts' link.

::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

bigshot wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:31 am There are no new threads in the new forum. -snip-

I'm willing to spend time photographing my collection and adding content to this forum, but I don't want to do that if it isn't wanted. -snip-
royal0014 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:05 am

Chris is right about starting with Quick Links > New Posts. That is what I do. I do not usually go to any specific forum unless there is some specific info I am looking to find. And even then, the search function on AAPK is very good at rooting out old posts, assuming I have a decent idea of what I am looking to find.

There probably will not be a lot of feedback for most posts. I posted some comments about and photos of a new RR on December 8, and my post has had 220 views and 2 comments. Any posts and photos you make that feature knives will be appreciated, they just may not get a lot of replies. But so far, it seems that you are more interested in telling us what is wrong with this forum and the members than you are in posting your knives.
Mel
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

There won't be many replies if the forum doesn't even show up on the top page.

This isn't an obscure topic. YouTube has many channels devoted to inexpensive current production import knives. (Thrifty Kaniffy, Tobias Gibson, Paddy's Potato Peelers, Williams Knife Life, etc.) These guys have thousands of followers and post several times a week. This forum could have attracted people who are interested in that area, but it seems like there is resistance to that. Is it the admins that are discouraging this, or is it users of the forum who don't want people discussing knives they personally don't want to collect? It's pretty obvious that something is going on.

I guess I could just post Rough Ryder stuff in the Chinese Made forum where it will be accessible from the main page and ignore the banishment forum. I might do that. I'd like to help build a community for these knives that appreciates them. Are there any pocket knife forums that are open to under $50 knives?
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

What more would you like to see. RR forum is right on the front page. It even comes before the great American companies. ::shrug::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

edge213 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:33 pm What more would you like to see. RR forum is right on the front page. It even comes before the great American companies. ::shrug::
They moved it off the main page. It was under the China forum as a separate forum, then they moved it to the main list. Then it got buried.

There are two other forums that have been buried like the Rough Ryder forum was. None of them have received a comment since they were moved off the main page. It's pretty obvious why.

Honestly, I'm tired of arguing about it. I was going to go through my collection and photograph some stuff for posts for the new forum over the holidays. I still might do that and just post them to the main China forum, but it's discouraging.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I am obviously missing something here. Can someone explain to me what is the main page.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

cudgee wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:07 pm I am obviously missing something here. Can someone explain to me what is the main page.
It's the page that reads "Board Index" Cudgee, the same page that appears right after you log-in! Hope that helps! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:58 am
cudgee wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:07 pm I am obviously missing something here. Can someone explain to me what is the main page.
It's the page that reads "Board Index" Cudgee, the same page that appears right after you log-in! Hope that helps! 8)
I never log in, because i never log out. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: So i'm none the wiser, though that is not hard. ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::cr:: I will log out then back in. ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Got ya now. Thanks for your explanation. I did fail plasticine at school. :? :? :? :lol: You have a Merry and Safe Christmas my friend. ::handshake:: :D
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:02 am I never log in, because i never log out. I will log out then back in.
Here you go Cudgee - this is what you see on the main page, once you scroll down a bit. Note that Rough Rider Knife Forum is a sub forum under Chinese-made knives.
Forum12.jpg
Somehow, I do not think that bigshot is ever going to be satisfied with this forum and its members.
Mel
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:09 am
Got ya now. Thanks for your explanation. I did fail plasticine at school. :? :? :? :lol: You have a Merry and Safe Christmas my friend. ::handshake:: :D
You are most welcome bud! ::handshake:: Don't feel too bad, I flunked recess in school! ::facepalm:: And a very merry and safe holiday season to you too Cudgee! 8)
8)

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”