Monthly AAPK Knife Give-Aways

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
tjmurphy

Re: Monthly AAPK Knife Give-Aways

Post by tjmurphy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 am

I agree Dimitri. If we keep on going we WILL come up with a solution. Twenty-five posts, 100-posts, either is is fine. But I agree that to qualify to play you should have some minimum number of posts or meet some prerequisite.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.

DRS

Post by DRS » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:58 am

Isn't there a way to post the number you pick with out some one having to do it manual?

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:41 am

DRS wrote:Isn't there a way to post the number you pick with out some one having to do it manual?
Yes. Don't know why Bryan didn't use it this time but he's used the "self picking number assigner" several times in the past. ::shrug::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

DRM60

Post by DRM60 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Miller Bro`s wrote:Tom,

::idea:: How about we get 12 volunteers from this site to commit to donating one knife in advance for the monthly giveaway?

1.You can choose the month you want to donate the knife and post a picture of the knife in a dedicated thread and it can be seen in advance by all members.

2. You don`t have to be a former winner of the monthly giveaway, so no pressure to donate.

3. Donate 1 knife or several, what ever the individual wants to do.

All it would take is 12 members or less to have all the giveaway knives accounted for the year.

::hmm::

I like that idea. I would be glad to donate a knife for one of the drawings.

On Edge

Post by On Edge » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:50 am

Miller Bro`s wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:May I suggest a required minimum of 25 posts as of the first of the month for any monthly give away.

For a spontaneous give away such as Dimitri's Christmas give away or the one WoseyJales just had, 25 posts prior to the date the give away begins with a hard date entered in the original post by the give away sponsor.
I went back and checked the Giveaway thread I started 3 years ago and my requirement was 100 posts minimum :o Like I said, I caught hell for that requirement, but still think it is very fair.

No one who just checks in once a month to win a free knife is going to make 100 posts to qualify, they will move on I believe.

I am not against new members and it should be open to all, just they will have to wait till they have the required amount of posts.
I agree with Miller Bros, I think 100 posts is a good number as a "filter". When I first joined the site, I was told (very diplomatically) that I could not participate in a contest because I didn't yet have 100 posts. I had no problem with that because my purpose for joining was not to score a free knife. I think its a good idea, and that 25 may be too low a number, as there may be the temptation to jump on the threads and post 25 three word responses. Doing that 100 times would take a bit more work ...
Miller Bro`s wrote:" … The members who win on a regular basis and never contribute, then that is on them
I will still contribute regardless. There is no easy solution but we are headed in the right direction ::handshake::
I agree, and I will also contribute - please put me on that list and let me know what is decided.

~ Edge
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein

wazu013

Post by wazu013 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm

I only try to win a knife every once in a while but I like the min. post idea at least 100. If I won a knife I would certainly supply a knife for the next available month. The truth is my luck is soooo bad I could promise the moon if I won :lol:
wazu013
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”