I hope that I'm just being paranoid

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
almyjmoore

I hope that I'm just being paranoid

Post by almyjmoore »

Yesterday or the day before, someone posted a couple of KKK marked knives along with a couple of newspaper clippings about the KKK. He wanted to know what the package was worth and may have joined AAPK just so he could get the appraisal. That happens all the time. I responded to his posting by asking for better pictures of the knives and I let him know that he had misidentified one of the knives. I checked back this morning and I can't find his post or my response. I hope I'm just looking in the wrong place & someone will tell me where to find this posting. I don't want to think that one of the Ebay censors have moved in. I posted this question under Knife Related Q&A an hour ago [that's where the original post was]. It never showed up but that may be because I forgot to use a heading. I did a search and found that this site has many postings about KKK knives. Am I not looking in the right place to find the posts or are there some posting rules I'm not familiar with? Thanks Al
tjmurphy

Re: I hope that I'm just being paranoid

Post by tjmurphy »

The thread seems to have been deleted since he was getting more flaming than answers. It was going to turn into a spitting match instead of a discussion.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
almyjmoore

Post by almyjmoore »

Thanks TJ, I feel a lot better now. It must have had something to do with the way the request was made or the addition of the newspaper articles because there has been a bunch of posts on KKK marked knives. I was keeping an eye on the post because I've seen a lot of the new stuff [KKK marked knives] for sale at markets since the 70's but I wondered if there really were any from the early 1900's. Thanks again, Al
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

I think that the metal handled Taylor was probably a fantasy knife, the other, French Ivory, I'm not sure of. ::shrug::
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
almyjmoore

Post by almyjmoore »

I really don't beleive that the original post was that unreasonable. I have no great interest in what his collection is worth but some of our members may have been able to share some history about his knives. If flaming occured, I would have rather had those folks censored [deleted]. I didn't read any of the posts after his original and mine requesting better pictures but they must have been pretty bad for evervthing to get deleted. I don't want to make a big deal out of this [I don't even know many of the facts] but I am a little disappointed. Thanks, Al

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”