Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bryan, is it necessary to delete the entire 'New Post' queue on what appears to the user as some hap-hazard schedule. Sometimes there are only a dozen or so posts in the 'New Post' queue and the entire queue gets wiped out only to start over again. Sometimes if activity is high (or not), the queue will fill up and end up as two pages for a couple of days before it's deleted.

Since I use the 'New Post' queue as my primary browsing tool for AAPK (as do several others), what I would like to see is a FIFO (first in first out) rule for the queue with a two page limit (60 threads). There would always be 60 threads in the 'New Post' queue and that would make it much easier to hunt down threads that you responded to yesterday or maybe the day before depending on forum activity instead of spending 30 minutes or sometimes an hour searching for the recent thread you want to post in (and neglected to bookmark) because it was deleted from the 'New Post' queue.

I hope this makes sense. If not, send a message to me and maybe I'll be able to clarify it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: New Posts queue

Post by Quick Steel »

jerryd, That is a great idea. I hope it is not technically difficult to get done. The change would resolve some aspects for me such as you so clearly explained.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

I agree, Jerry. I also use New posts as my main browsing tool for this forum. Since New posts is the only place where I can see activity from every forum and sub forum at AAPK I always check it first.
Mel
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

When I look real close the New Post are almost the same list as Active Topics, not just as long chronologically. Maybe I'm missin' something? ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Jerry,

I'll have to look into this. The New Post feature is native to the forum software we use & is not something I've messed around with.

I don't even know how exactly it decides when things get purged. ::uc::

I'll poke around & see if I can improve it & maybe implement some kind of FIFO procedure.
Bryan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I appreciate you taking the time.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”