Gallery comments

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Winnipeg Gentleman

Gallery comments

Post by Winnipeg Gentleman »

Greetings all.

I'm new here and I just posted some pictures in the Case section in the gallery.

I noticed, however, that I was unable to write any comments on any of the pictures in the gallery, even though at the bottom of the page it's telling me that I should be able to do so.

Would someone please tell me how to post comments on pictures in the gallery, or is it even possible?

Thank you for your help,

Winnipeg Gentleman
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Gallery comments

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard. Just follow the following instructions. Most you won't need but these are intended as information for anyone and will be posted in their own thread in the "Tips & Tricks" Forum.
Attachments
Step 1-A.jpg
Step 1-B.jpg
Step 1-C.jpg
Step 1-D.jpg
Step 1-E.jpg
Step 1-F.jpg
Step 1-G.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Winnipeg Gentleman

Hi there.

Actually, I know how to upload pictures into the gallery, I have uploaded several in a couple different gallery sections.

My problem is that when I'm looking at the pictures that other people have uploaded, I can't see how I can then write a comment on their pictures. I see where you can rate their pictures on the 1-10 scale, but I can't see how to write any comments on the pictures. It says at the bottom of the screen that I'm allowed to post comments in the gallery, but I just can't see how to do so.

I'd appreciate reading about how it's done from anyone here who knows.

Thanks,

Winnipeg Gentleman
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My apologies. I wasn't clear on what you were trying to accomplish in the OP. I couldn't figure it out either, so I sent a PM to Bryan with a request for his help on the issue.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

::hmm::

This could be something I have configured incorrectly in the permission settings.

Jerry,

In the last picture you posted, there is supposed to be a text area to write comments just under where your screenshot cuts off. Can you click on a knife title / image to get back to page like that & confirm that it isn't there for you?

It is there for me, so... I may have my permissions set right, but yours & others' wrong ::undecided::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

By golly, I think you got it. Thanks Bryan.
Comments-1A.jpg
Comments-1B.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Winnipeg Gentleman -- Back in the early '80s, when I was working for Amdahl, we sold a mainframe to the University of Manitoba. It was installed while the Field Engineer who was assigned to the sight was still in school so I was asked to go up and pull a week of standby duty until he finished school and showed up on site.

I asked the people in the Data Center why they had electrical outlets out in the parking lot. They looked at me like I was a Moran and said, "We have them there so we can plug in the block heater on our car to ensure it will start when we get off work." It was right then and there that I decided Winnipeg was not on my list of places I would like to live. Nice place in the summertime though.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Winnipeg Gentleman

About writing comments in the gallery section: I've noticed that I can write comments about my own pictures, the ones I've uploaded myself, but I just can't seem to write any comments about pictures others have uploaded. And since I don't see any comments by other people on any of the pictures in the gallery, I seem to think that it's set up that way deliberately. Oh well, being able to see the pictures of other people's knives is good enough, I suppose commenting on them isn't really necessary.

About living in Winnipeg, heheh, yeah, it does get quite cold here in the winter. Our summers are blistering hot, but yes, our winters are just as cold. I can imagine how funny it must look to people from the warmer parts of the US to see outlets in parking lots, but yeah, if you don't plug your car in overnight in the middle of winter, it'll just freeze solid.

Oddly enough, global warming is helping northern cities like Winnipeg quite a bit. I know there are still some people who don't think global warming is real, but I've lived in Winnipeg my whole life and I can attest to the fact that global warming really is changing weather patterns. Even just 20 or so years ago, a Winnipeg winter was twice as long as it is today and about 50% colder. By the middle of October we used to already have ten-foot high snow mounds and -30s C temperatures on a daily basis, but now winter is not only coming a lot later, it's ending a lot sooner, and our cold temperatures are noticeably milder than ever before.

If things keep going like this, another 20-30 years from now, Winnipeg may be like a Miami-North, heheh, so at least that's something to say for global warming...

Winnipeg Gentleman

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”