Suggestion for Store Owners

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
XX Case XX

Suggestion for Store Owners

Post by XX Case XX »

I have a suggestion for anyone who is a store owner here:

When you list a knife for sale, please either state the "closed length" or take at least one photo of that knife next to a ruler. And not in the middle of a ruler, put it right at the very end so potential buyers can get an idea of it's length, especially if it's not a common knife. I know I don't do it either so I need to heed my own advise. Here's a perfect example:

"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Landersknives

Re: Suggestion for Store Owners

Post by Landersknives »

I think that is a great idea not only for store owners but anyone who is selling a knife. I know from personal experience that I have been surprised a couple of times at the size of a knife. Thanks Mike.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::ds::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I firmly agree!
Also never, never, never give me the length of the knife with the blade open! That doesn't tell me diddly-squat unless I happen to know the factory specs on the length with the blade open. Since most traditional knife companies did not list the length of the knife with the blade open the OAL is meaningless on a folder unless I have a brand new one I can measure.

Sellers on eBay don't seem to get that!! ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::

And don't say in "good condition for its age." That's another one of those meaningless phrases. A rusted hulk of a knife may be in "good condition for its age if it is from ancient Rome! But I don't think I will be toting it!!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

orvet wrote:And don't say in "good condition for its age." That's another one of those meaningless phrases. A rusted hulk of a knife may be in "good condition for its age if it is from ancient Rome! But I don't think I will be toting it!!
Reminds me of that 1500 year old sword that a little girl found recently in a lake. It's severely corroded but it's in great shape for its age.
Attachments
181004-ancient-sword-swedish-lake-cheat_garqqk.jpg
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I am continually amazed at ebay sellers, who supposedly want me to buy what they have for sale, not taking the extra time to post good pictures and include a good description. I saw one the other day that had two blurry pictures and the entire description was: "Looks good" ::facepalm::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

[quote="XX Case XX"]I have a suggestion for anyone who is a store owner here:

When you list a knife for sale, please either state the "closed length" or take at least one photo of that knife next to a ruler. And not in the middle of a ruler, put it right at the very end so potential buyers can get an idea of it's length,

I agree with this Mike, if you are going to take a pic of the knife next to a ruler, don't just lay it down at a random spot so I have to try to count the little lines and do the math, put it at the end so it is easy to tell the length. Please and thank you. ::handshake::

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Great suggestion. I was snookered once on ebay. The knife arrived and it was a miniature! ::facepalm::

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”