Password questions

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Baykeeper

Password questions

Post by Baykeeper »

I've been trying all evening to change my password but continuously get a red message telling me the old password I entered is wrong. I believe this is due to the unusually long lag time for the forum to simply catch up with itself. Please simplify this process and get the software to process request like mine in a timely fashion. At this point I can't even find a link so I can see my actual password instead of dots. C'mon AAPK, let's enter the 21st century why don't we? Very substandard guys.
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Re: Password questions

Post by Baykeeper »

Ok, tried having you send me a new password, problem is your own software DOES NOT recognize that password. I again tried to change the password and keep getting the message that I entered the wrong current password, (I did not). Again guys, fix this idiotic system.
BCCI Member #2863
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I don't have any lag time with any of my devices, phone, tablet or desktop. It all loads very quickly whether using Internet Explorer or Chrome. It also loads quickly on my wife's phone, laptop and tablet. I would be surprised if the issue is with AAPK because you're the only one I'm aware of who has had that issue recently.

I will send Bryan a note to check in on your issue.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Baykeeper wrote:Ok, tried having you send me a new password, problem is your own software DOES NOT recognize that password. I again tried to change the password and keep getting the message that I entered the wrong current password, (I did not). Again guys, fix this idiotic system.
No need to be rude.
Bryan does an amazing job with this site.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

I've been using this site for 11 years,and have never had any problems.
In fact,My account was dormant for 4 years,and when I logged on,I simply created a new password.
It took less than a minute. ::tu::
Tim
DRM60

Post by DRM60 »

edge213 wrote:
Baykeeper wrote:Ok, tried having you send me a new password, problem is your own software DOES NOT recognize that password. I again tried to change the password and keep getting the message that I entered the wrong current password, (I did not). Again guys, fix this idiotic system.
No need to be rude.
Bryan does an amazing job with this site.
Agreed edge213. One of the best knife sites around. The negativity is best left somewhere else.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Baykeeper wrote:I've been trying all evening to change my password but continuously get a red message telling me the old password I entered is wrong. I believe this is due to the unusually long lag time for the forum to simply catch up with itself. Please simplify this process and get the software to process request like mine in a timely fashion. At this point I can't even find a link so I can see my actual password instead of dots. C'mon AAPK, let's enter the 21st century why don't we? Very substandard guys.
Are you certain you entered your correct current password in the correct text box? I'm finding no issues with the program that performs this operation when the data is input correctly.
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Please read the email you receive with the new password closely. There is a link in it that must be clicked before the new password becomes active.
Bryan

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”