Posts that occur while you are writing yours

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Posts that occur while you are writing yours

Post by deo-pa »

Fairly often we will see a post that more or less duplicates the one immediately before it. This happens when a post is made by someone while we are in the process of writing ours.

I belong to an antique radio forum that probably uses the same software (the look and feel is very close to AAPK). In that forum if a post is received while you are writing yours when you hit "Submit" you get the following message: "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." You do not loose your post when this happens. You can choose to ignore the message and hit "submit" again or you can do as the message suggests. This feature might be useful here.

Dennis
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Posts that occur while you are writing yours

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I’ve noticed something similar happens here. You don’t get a message, but instead of submitting and posting immediately, your post re-appears with a copy of the post or posts that happened while you were writing yours. Yours is sort of in suspension, still in the dialog box in which you typed it. You can read that other post, and decide whether you want to edit yours. Then if you wish you can edit yours accordingly, or just resubmit yours as-is and it will be posted.

Not as obvious, but same result.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

I subscribe to the "Great minds think alike" theory.
I figure if I'm typing the same thing as one of the great minds, then I must have a great mind, also!

Just a thought :-P
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

...your post re-appears with a copy of the post or posts that happened while you were writing yours.
I never noticed that Ken. Yep that accomplishes the same thing... never mind.

Dennis
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (7.86 KiB) Viewed 3202 times

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”