Make an offer option

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
227thcrewchief

Make an offer option

Post by 227thcrewchief »

Just curious. What are some of your thoughts reference (make an offer) when you are featuring a knife for sale? Has anyone had a lot of success doing this or do you prefer to make it a fixed price?
Than You in advance for your feedback.
rea1eye

Re: Make an offer option

Post by rea1eye »

Have previously tried it on ebay ( was not a knife). Was not 100% sure what a minimum price
would be since item was somewhat scarce but not probably 100% desirable, gotta have it.

DId nothing on ebay. Item never sold on ebay but did sell thru local Nextdoor.com web site for small
amount of money.

Bob
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

If the make an offer option is there then the original price doesn't mean much. I doubt anyone will pay the original price if the make an offer is there. Jmho.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

I am not a seller, but here is my two cents worth as a buyer. If there is a make and offer option then I will always make an offer rather than buy it now. Some stuff is just way over priced, 200% or more, and I figure the seller is not going to accept a realistic offer. But if it is a knife that I think would go for $50-$60 dollars at auction and the seller has it for $70 then I might make an offer of $40. In most cases the seller comes back with a intermediate offer, say $55, I take it and we both go away satisfied. If the seller comes back with an offer of $67 then I figure he wants to keep it more than I want to buy it. So I am thinking that if you use the make and offer option you should pad the buy it now price a bit.
Mel
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Interesting topic. I sell on Ebay and very seldom put a knife on more than a starting bid of $.99 I will do it on a rare item that I'm not sure many people have a key word search for. Just my observation. Like now I have 2 super rare gun items up for sale that it will take the right person with the right knowledge of what they are to buy them.

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”