Stores Suggestion

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
just bob

Stores Suggestion

Post by just bob »

I notice that almost every time I list a new item I get a new order. Maybe not the item I've just listed but another knife that I have listed in my store. I assume this is due to the revolving carousel at the top of the forum page. People see that and click on it and look at the other items in your store. If you don't list a new item then your store items aren't viewed nearly as often. How about dedicating one square in the revolving carousel to each store owner and let them indicate if they want the newest knife they've listed or a specific knife to be displayed. This might help move a lot of knives that are collecting dust. Thanks for considering.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Stores Suggestion

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I love this idea Bob. You have my support for this. I too have noticed that happening in my store as well. Hope more store owners will agree.
Sometimes that window for the new item you list closes pretty fast. If there are a lot of knives being listed, the one or two that make the carousel gets bumped off quickly. I noticed the knife I listed yesterday afternoon at around 4 was already bumped off by 7 this morning.
Hope Bryan likes this idea.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

As a non-store owner I can validate Bob and Mark's point. I click on the banner advertisements when I see something I like but I only look in the stores if I'm looking for a certain knife or a certain brand.

The banner is very effective advertising. I like the idea of all store owners having an equal chance at it.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I think currently there are about 10 windows in the scroll banner. I think there are currently about 50 stores. That means if each store had one window the banner would be 50 windows long before it repeated. I don't know if people would watch it for that long? ::shrug::

What do y'all think?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

That's a good point, Dale and I agree. I wouldn't have the patience to watch 50 windows scroll by. Looking at it from that perspective it seems more practical to just browse the stores.

How about the current 10 window banner with a 24 hour random rotation? Or maybe 10 photos per day by alphabetical order of the store names?
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

I had my store on AAPK from 1-2-2006 to 6-13-2019, 13 1/2 years...I to had numerous
sales over the years listing a new knife..and being shown on the banner..I tried to keep a few back so every 10-15 days,
or less depending on stock...I would put another one up....
a few I was not happy with pics of a listed knife and I would re-take pics, list similar,
then delete the old listing, giving me a new one on the banner..
Just a few of my thoughts from 13 1/2 great years !!!
Good Luck to all you store owners to prosper.....But
You could ( Not ) have your store in a better place then right here on AAPK !!!

Stag
just bob

Post by just bob »

Are all of the AAPK stores considered active? I don't browse them all but will happen upon one occasionally that only has a very few knives and doesn't look like much activity is going on at all. Assuming the most active stores are generating the most $ for AAPK then stores that haven't listed a new knife or sold a knife within a 30 day window maybe shouldn't be given the same exposure? We all appreciate the work Bryan is doing on this and maybe he can come up with something better than we are thinking here.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

That sounds reasonable Bob. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

I'm fine with what Bryan comes up with . I did a little research on how many page of knives are in each store here's what I came up with
(1) Stores with more than 2 pages of Knives = 3 Dealers
(2) with 3 pages = 3 Dealers
(3) with 4 Pages=4 Dealers
(4) with 5 Pages =1 Dealer
(5) with 7 Pages =1 Dealer
(6) with 9 Pages =1 Dealer
(7) with 11 Pages =1 Dealer
(8) with 15 Pages=1 Dealer
(9) with 46 Pages =1 Dealer
All the rest have 2 0r less most have less than one whole page .
Bob's idea would help the guy with more knives that don't get looked at . I think they get buried maybe Bryan could reverse the pictures and go from oldest to newest every other day . But what do I know I will leave it to Bryan
Gary ::shrug::

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”