non knife related items

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

non knife related items

Post by WAYNED »

I have asked the question a few times and don't recall a reasonable answer.
Why offer this avenue if it is never promoted?
I am but a minority in this category trying toys,albums,golf balls and the like.
I was under the impression that sales mean money for all and this is not set
up to try and compete with the other outlets I won't mention but you know where
I am coming from..If the avenue exists,why not support it in some form or another.
I have items listed currently with less than a handful of views after weeks.
WHY HAVE THE NON RELATED ITEMS AT ALL? if we don't support it in some production
manner..Thanks wayne
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: non knife related items

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Are you referring to the Member Stores, or the “Knife Commerce” forums? If you’re talking about Member Stores, click where it says “Sell on AAPK” found in the top center of the home page (under the scrolling knives), which will take you here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... ng_started. Scroll down. Toward the bottom in the section “What can I sell” it explains what can be sold, how to sell other than knives and knife related items, and why they are handled as they are. In general I’d say that applies to listings in the Knife Commerce forums as well.

I’m not in charge here, just trying to provide information. ::handshake::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Personally, I like the "Non Knife Related Items" section. I just haven't found anything that I want to buy yet, but I keep looking. I wish there were more items like that listed. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:11 pm Are you referring to the Member Stores, or the “Knife Commerce” forums? If you’re talking about Member Stores, click where it says “Sell on AAPK” found in the top center of the home page (under the scrolling knives), which will take you here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... ng_started. Scroll down. Toward the bottom in the section “What can I sell” it explains what can be sold, how to sell other than knives and knife related items, and why they are handled as they are. In general I’d say that applies to listings in the Knife Commerce forums as well.

I’m not in charge here, just trying to provide information. ::handshake::

Ken
Hello Ken..I am not sure we are on the same page. I have been out here 15 years and only recently decided to do Non Knife Related and it is not
supported by AAPK so why have it available for use?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

WAYNED wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 pm
Hello Ken..I am not sure we are on the same page. I have been out here 15 years and only recently decided to do Non Knife Related and it is not
supported by AAPK so why have it available for use?
Sorry, I thought perhaps you just hadn’t found the section I referenced. There’s so much on AAPK that a lot of members don’t ever see or get to. I’m not advocating one way or the other but thought the statement (I assume Bryan wrote it) was a pretty clear explanation of why non-knife items aren’t featured:
AAPK's primary goal is to provide a marketplace for knife retailers, collectors & knife makers to buy & sell their knife related items. AAPK's secondary goal is to provide a platform where our members can sell anything that they want so long as the items are legal.

Our solutions allow for the retail of any legal item by displaying only knife related items on the main member store & non-knife related item on the seller's personal store pages only. Through this method, the many buyers who frequent AAPK to shop for knives only can do so without weighing through a bunch of clutter. Shoppers who visit your personal store will see everything you have listed.
I can see your point but also see AAPK is not eBay either. It seems non-knife stuff is allowed but not featured. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

believe me when I tell you I fully understand where you are coming from but no-one can tell me why you have a useless avenue which is no good to seller or buyer or owner..it's just in the way in part and we cannot compete with echoke and the other outlets due to costs..If one cares to pull up NON RELATED column there is VERY FEW items to choose from and I dare say the page gets fewer than 100 views a month--WHY HAVE IT AT ALL?
There does not have to be a mix in the scroll or even a seperate one for this area of listing,simply suggest somehow that the NON KNIFE RELATED may be an avenue you might want to pursue..Don't have it available and leave it unattended..Am I making any sense to anyone?
Nildraga

Post by Nildraga »

The non knife related item section is basically that box full of pens or watches on
the corner of a knife dealers table at a knife show, or flea market.
Or maybe like the box of knives at a gun dealers table.
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

You are getting close with your point but if you are there at the table it can be seen more readily than if it were under the table and you had to ask if he had such a thing.The point is this,if you have the avenue, tell about it and maybe,just maybe,traffic might begin to flow and benefit all involved..Knife and gun traders may specialize in their wares alone but I'd bet they have other interests such as old bottles,coins,vintage toys,baseball cards,oil paintings and just where does it end? We have a dead column as it stands and it should be promoted or completely dropped is my point.
Thanks for chiming in.Have a Knife Day..
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

This is a knife collector website and the major emphasis here is on knives. I don't think people come here to AAPK to buy albums, toys, or golf balls. They do come to Ebay to buy those items and you would probably do better there. You certainly would have much more exposure and traffic there.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

You are absolutely correct with your statement pertaining to dedication to knives site because that WE ARE.
My question has yet to be answered as to why have the NON KNIFE RELATED ITEMS avenue if it is not going to be supported / promoted?
We cannot compare to or compete with ECHOKE which is obvious but we can find a way to use the allocated section of
NON KNIFE items because as previously stated,we knifers like other things and especially a GOOD DEAL on our other choices
of collectibles...Do you know any Knife collector that does not own a gun? maybe a very few..Do you know and gun collectors that does not
own a knife..Doubtful...Back to the mix -- if we have it listed for use here on site -- USE IT - PROMOTE IT - IT IS MONEY FOR ALL.
Nildraga

Post by Nildraga »

The for sale area here is an online knife show, the small box on the end of the table that has a
few pens or rocks in it are the the things the dealer has picked up and cant throw away
because they might be worth a few dollars, but they don't want to go through the trouble of
going to a jeweler or gem show to find out value for sure ( Or they're in that group of people
with the mentality of its not what I like, its not worth my time. ) so they just toss in the box
and say 2 dollars if someone asks about it.

Its not promoted because the majority of vendors and customers would only be annoyed by it.
And if it was promoted and allowed to go too far it would damage the reputation of the Host.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

WAYNED wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 pm You are absolutely correct with your statement pertaining to dedication to knives site because that WE ARE.
My question has yet to be answered as to why have the NON KNIFE RELATED ITEMS avenue if it is not going to be supported / promoted?
We cannot compare to or compete with ECHOKE which is obvious but we can find a way to use the allocated section of
NON KNIFE items because as previously stated,we knifers like other things and especially a GOOD DEAL on our other choices
of collectibles...Do you know any Knife collector that does not own a gun? maybe a very few..Do you know and gun collectors that does not
own a knife..Doubtful...Back to the mix -- if we have it listed for use here on site -- USE IT - PROMOTE IT - IT IS MONEY FOR ALL.
Bud, I have to admit that I am not following your logic at all here. What do you mean by your statement that your avenue is not supported at all? I went back thru all of your previous posts and have not been able to find where you asked this "question" that you keep referring to. Also maybe you can explain what is meant by your statement that if you sell something it is "money for all"? I do not receive any funds from anything you sell. If I am entitled to something then PAY UP. lol
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

WAYNED wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 pm You are absolutely correct with your statement pertaining to dedication to knives site because that WE ARE.
I guess I still don't understand the point you are trying to make. The NON KNIFE RELATED ITEMS is there for anyone who is interested in looking.
Are you bothered by the fact not enough members are buying things from you or that other members aren't posting enough things for you to look at?

What is your solution to the problem as you see it?
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

A lot of members don't seem to get my drift and that is a bit puzzling to me to be absolutely honest.The question remains.Why Have an Avenue (a selling port) whereas you can list legal items other than our first love (knives) and not be given a chance to move other items and what is so hard to comprehend about Promoting it in some form or another so as we that have OTHER ITEMS can try to pick up 2 or 3 dollars to go with the HUNDREDS of DOLLARS
we all get from our knife sales?..Not everybody owns a four wheel drive full size truck.I help folks with their wants and desires by selling quality pre owned knives at an affordable price and just thought the opening for oddities might be fun for all but that AIN"T the case or the schrade or the buck.LOL

edge213 says:
I guess I still don't understand the point you are trying to make. The NON KNIFE RELATED ITEMS is there for anyone who is interested in looking.ans.(IF THEY KNOW IT'S THERE)
Are you bothered by the fact not enough members are buying things from you (NO) or that other members aren't posting enough things for you to look at?ans.(IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE ACTIVITY)

y'all have a knife day
Nildraga

Post by Nildraga »

I think my previous post has as clear an answer as you're likely to get.

Its not promoted because the majority of vendors and customers would only be annoyed by it.
And if it was promoted and allowed to go too far it would damage the reputation of the Host (or in this case the forum).
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

What I and obviously others don't understand is what do you mean by promoting? Advertising on other platforms?
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I check in there occasionally, but have never seen anything that I'm even remotely interested in.
Currently it looks like a bunch of stuff from a yard sale or the Goodwill.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”