problems posting replies

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
arathol

problems posting replies

Post by arathol »

Can't seem to post replies on the General Discussion or Q&A, the submit button leads to the log-on page even if I'm already logged on, and whatever the message was gets lost. Anyone else see that?
gringo

Re: problems posting replies

Post by gringo »

hello, i had problems yesterday, mostly i typed in my message and the gremlins ate my messages.
i am a new member, and yesterday was the first time i had issues posting...sorry to hear it. good luck, donald
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

I am having the same problem at times, also after I read a couple posts I am suddenly not logged in. Not having any problem on any other boards I belong to.... ::doh::
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
zorrothegreyblade

Post by zorrothegreyblade »

Make sure to tick "keep me logged in box" when you first sign in, should stop you being timed out ::tu::

Edit:- Sorry boys, got mixed up with another site I visit! I meant the log on every time I visit box, when I'm on line I keep AAPK in a seperate window and keep dropping back in, if I don't tick that box it logs me out ::doh::
stop me when I get boring
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

doesn't matter, Z. kicks off either way. also doesn' tmatter if i use the back arrow on my toolbar, or click on the links back to the respective forum i was surfing. may have just found it, i am still logged on here from my g/f's pc......will log out of her computer, then try mine sometime tomorrow..... ::doh::
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

I keep having the same problem....round and round to the login page and back then it eventually takes the post or I give up.

Checking the "keep me logged in" box does not have any effect.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I don't have any problem posting a comment, but I can never manage to enter the knife giveaway each month. When I try, I go through the process as directed and then when I submit my number I get kicked back to the log in page even though I'm already logged in. I can try a dozen times to enter and I always get the same result. :x

I have come to the conclusion I am never gonna win! :x
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

::hmm:: Hmmmmm.... I'm going to bump this issue up to the top of the priority list for the weekend.

As of now, I have no idea what is causing these problems, but I'll do all I can to find out and fix it asap ::tu::

Wish me luck!

Bryan
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I've been researching this issue and making some changes. I'm not 100% convinced the problem is fixed, but it might be...

For anyone having problems, please try the following for all changes made to the forum to take affect...

First, delete all board cookies by clicking the link circled in the following illustration...

Directly after that, you will need to delete all cookies and clear the cache from your web browser...

Click here for directions on how to do this with Internet Explorer

Click here for directions on how to do this with Firefox

If you have windows Vista, the illustrations in the links above will be slightly different, but the directions are nearly identical.

For more information about cookies & browser cache, please view the following page...
http://www.nyu.edu/its/faq/cache.html

The above page also has links to more instructions for anyone who uses something different than explorer or firefox.

If you still have problems, or if you have questions, please let me know.

Bryan
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

PS... philco...

Unfortunately, I'm less convinced that this is going to work for you because I think the problems you are having stem from an unrelated issue. :oops:

I hope I am wrong and that you will try this however. If it doesn't work, let me know and we'll keep trying... ::nod::

Bryan
Bryan

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”