Downloading Pictures

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
griz1200

Downloading Pictures

Post by griz1200 »

I've posted a couple pictures in the past with no problems, however today, I've tried to post a pictures a couple times and for some reason I get "The image file you tried to attach is invalid." This occurs after it appears to be downloading for a long period of time. (I'm on dial-up.) Any help would sure be appreciated. ::nod::

Griz
zorrothegreyblade

Re: Downloading Pictures

Post by zorrothegreyblade »

Hi Griz

Could be your image is to big and your connection is timing out due to you being on dial up. Have you got a resizing tool in your imaging software? If so, try resizing to 1500 pxels wide. Also check you are saving the altered image in jpeg, some software will default to bitmap when you save it and this can also cause problems! ::tu::
stop me when I get boring
griz1200

Post by griz1200 »

Thanks...I'll check the sizing and see what happens. Hopefully I can change it, however I might have to wait till the wife gets home.

Griz
griz1200

Post by griz1200 »

Zorrothegreyblade...That's what the problem was. Thanks again for your help!! That's one of the things I like about the site, in that there are knowledgeable folks that don't mind helping others out. And the best part is, I don't have to ask my wife! ::tu::

Griz
zorrothegreyblade

Post by zorrothegreyblade »

Glad I could help ::tu:: ::tu::
stop me when I get boring

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”