photos

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

photos

Post by Mossdancer »

Hey Bryan;
I have found its a losing cause to gripe about large photos

That said how about a limiter of web site size in the attachment string.
I know you find it a pain in the posterior also.
For your consideration only.
Thanks W.B.
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

I for one stand guilty of the charges mentioned by Mossdancer :oops: But I have tried to mend my evil ways of loading pictures that are 292 feet x 545 feet across :wink: ....I actually use Paint Shop Pro to resize everything these days, so it's not wallpaper...

It is a little aggranoying (new word)...not so much for the pics (I can say that because I have DSL at home but when I download from work with dial up I can feel my whiskers growing...) but when you wind up trying to read what was posted it's like reading an Egyptian tablet....

Maybe as Mossdancer said a limit on attachments is the answer, maybe just a gentle reminder to the members that we need to try to keep the pic size down to only a few feet across :lol: , if that does not work then go to the limiting...??

I am just appreciate of the site provided here and how nice, helpful and kind folks have been since I started... ::tu::

Regards,

Sunburst
“The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways”
SFC ADP

Post by SFC ADP »

If you right click on your file of the picture, and use Open With...
You can resize your pictures with many different programs, I use Picture It! 7.0
But it can be done with Paint as well.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I'll tell you what I have been thinking about doing... I think I'll build in a resize function that automatically resizes the pictures if they are over a certain size. (...say 2' wide...? :) )

Probably more like if they are over 600 pixels or so. I think I could get that done pretty easily. I've just added it to the "to do" list. That way it won't matter how big it starts out, it will end up 600px or smaller upon attachment. ::tu::

Bryan

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”