stranger

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

stranger

Post by hellize »

Hello

It is 37 cm long, the blade is 23.5 cm long, 4.1 cm wide and 4 mm thick.
It has stabilized burl handle and bronze crossguard with a bit of crimson resin and ancient camee at its end.
The damascus blade has been forged of 5160, 1.2516 and L6 with around 70 layers.
The sheath is made of thick cowhide.

The choke brings the awakening, which drags him back from the rim of oblivion. A heavy cough accompanied by nausea forces the poisoning salt water out of the lungs, leaving a bitter taste behind.
Seemingly no one else survived the storm, no corpses, no ship, only some weathered crates washed ashore can be found, with their edges poking out under the soft yellow sand, pointing towards the starlit sky, mocking heaven itself.
A heavy branch, previously spending its existence as a driftwood, helps to smash one of the nearby crates, scattering its bellies contents all over the beach. Some clothes, a piece of map, obviously a shred of a larger one, and a quite welcomed item: a blade! Not a real weapon, but decent enough if needed.
Abruptly a blunt blow pestles the nights peace as a small stone bounces off of the back of his head, leaving a nearly painful, but annoyingly plangent vibration in his skull.
A nearby bush rustles as he turns, but the nights gaping void swallows instantly the sound of the small creature's retreat into the woods, leaving him with nothing but an oafish and clueless expression on his face.
Over the deserted beach, beyond the forest he suddenly perceives a suspicious ancient ruin, seemingly undisturbed for centuries.
Well... there is nothing else to do on this strand...and he does have a blade at least...
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
91.jpg
csizmar szilard
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: stranger

Post by 1967redrider »

That is so cool, and that Cameo . . . I just can't find the words . . .
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Love the blade, love the burl, love the brass, love the Cameo, great work!!!! ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
hellize

Post by hellize »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:18 pm That is so cool, and that Cameo . . . I just can't find the words . . .
Thank you! :) I am happy that you like it
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:31 pm Love the blade, love the burl, love the brass, love the Cameo, great work!!!! ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you very much! :)
csizmar szilard
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Absolutely gorgeous creation Csizmar! The cameo pommel puts it over the top!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Magnificent ! You are a Master of Steel and Master of Design with perfect flow and i'm sure Great Function.
It is so enjoyable to see your knives.
Thank you.
kj
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

hellize wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 pm Hello

It has stabilized burl handle and bronze crossguard with a bit of crimson resin and ancient camee at its end.
The damascus blade has been forged of 5160, 1.2516 and L6 with around 70 layers.

The choke brings the awakening, which drags him back from the rim of oblivion. A heavy cough accompanied by nausea forces the poisoning salt water out of the lungs, leaving a bitter taste behind.
Seemingly no one else survived the storm, no corpses, no ship, only some weathered crates washed ashore can be found, with their edges poking out under the soft yellow sand, pointing towards the starlit sky, mocking heaven itself.
A heavy branch, previously spending its existence as a driftwood, helps to smash one of the nearby crates, scattering its bellies contents all over the beach. Some clothes, a piece of map, obviously a shred of a larger one, and a quite welcomed item: a blade! Not a real weapon, but decent enough if needed.
Abruptly a blunt blow pestles the nights peace as a small stone bounces off of the back of his head, leaving a nearly painful, but annoyingly plangent vibration in his skull.
A nearby bush rustles as he turns, but the nights gaping void swallows instantly the sound of the small creature's retreat into the woods, leaving him with nothing but an oafish and clueless expression on his face.
Over the deserted beach, beyond the forest he suddenly perceives a suspicious ancient ruin, seemingly undisturbed for centuries.
Well... there is nothing else to do on this strand...and he does have a blade at least...

Wow! Almost speechless. This might be your best ever!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That’s an amazing knife! Your talent knows no end.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
hellize

Post by hellize »

herbva wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:22 am Absolutely gorgeous creation Csizmar! The cameo pommel puts it over the top!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
I am happy that you like it :)
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:58 am Magnificent ! You are a Master of Steel and Master of Design with perfect flow and i'm sure Great Function.
It is so enjoyable to see your knives.
Thank you.
kj
You are too kind! :) I am only a humble amateur of the craft
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

edge213 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:02 am
hellize wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 pm Hello

Wow! Almost speechless. This might be your best ever!
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Colonel26 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:45 am That’s an amazing knife! Your talent knows no end.
Thank you! I am glad that you like it :)
csizmar szilard
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

EXCELLENT WORK!!

I love the size of your masterpiece! It has such form and balance! VERY nice!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Humble yes.
Amateur, no.
kj
hellize

Post by hellize »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:38 am EXCELLENT WORK!!

I love the size of your masterpiece! It has such form and balance! VERY nice!

::tu::
thank you very much! :)
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:07 pm Humble yes.
Amateur, no.
kj
:)
csizmar szilard
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

That is a very fine knife, Hellize. I like the Cameo, it really is a special touch. But...If you smash something in the head with the pommel, the cameo might be damaged!
Mel
hellize

Post by hellize »

Dinadan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:33 am That is a very fine knife, Hellize. I like the Cameo, it really is a special touch. But...If you smash something in the head with the pommel, the cameo might be damaged!
Thanks! :)
But without it, the handle would suffer damage either way. This is just not that kind of a knife ;)
I did make knives before with reinforced handles with iron or brass caps for such things.
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”