Latest from T.A. Davison

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
Tony_Wood

Re: Latest from T.A. Davison

Post by Tony_Wood »

Beautiful knives from a skilled maker.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
knowtracks

Re: Latest from T.A. Davison

Post by knowtracks »

kootenay joe wrote:Dave i had an ivory swayback with Wharncliffe blade, # 457, but sold it to help pay some bills. My Desert Iron wood TAD is # 339.
I have 2 Al Dodge sheaths that came with knives from Todd. These are lined with very soft 'doe skin' leather and are the finest sheaths i own. I doubt you could get a leather worker/sheath maker to make a similar quality sheath for under ~ $125-$150.
My carbon fiber knife is # 953. I did not record the # for the mammoth ivory knife but bought it in September 2014, 2 years after # 953.
kj
I agree Roland! The Al Dodge sheaths are Top Shelf ALL the way! ::tu:: ::tu:: I have talked to him trying to get a sheath made for this latest project from Todd, but he has recently moved and doesn't have his work space ready yet. I will take one of Al's sheaths and the leather I want it to be made from and have a local leather man do the best he can with it.

Roland, if you wish to know what # any of Todd's knives are, just get out your flashlight and look inside the bed! Todd engraves the # of every knife he makes on the liner and records it in his knife journal as to date, material, to whom sold to, ect. This way if there are any questions, or say stolen property there is a record of where that particular knife started.
Todd builds an Excellent knife! He is experimenting all the time with different finishes, jigging and color of bone, patterns, blade shapes......
He doesn't have a single pattern that he follows, all the knives are slightly different from one another even of the same basic pattern, they all come from his head, eyes and hands... 8)

Dave
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!

Return to “Custom Knives”