knight's axe

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

knight's axe

Post by hellize »

The last gift.

The first row of footmen already perished, when the second one reached their ranks in a desperate attempt to lend a helping hand. Shields clashed against shields, boss's and iron helmets suffered gruesome plangent dents as the opposing forces reached out for each other with steel in hand, trying to tire out the other in this seemingly endless battle.
The heavy cavalry reviewed this harsh collision from the concealment of a larger shrubby on top of hill, not far away.
Suddenly a bugle call shook the ether. The horn's sound was all too familiar for both the riders and horses. Without hesitation, the company broke out of the bushy and started it's charge towards the enemy, attacking its right flank.
The ever approaching rumble of ironclad horses trotting towards them aroused the attention of the invaders and without delay they started to change formation. In just a few seconds a thousand spears greeted them.
There was no time left to react and the rushing cavalry slammed into the sea of thorns.
Wail and roar filled the air, repressing the sound of cracking wood and bone alike.
A knight found itself on the ground, choking in mud, spring's curse. His trusty steed lay next to him, taking heavy but slowing breaths, a splintered skewer sticking out of her chest. Distant memories of a newborn foal running happily towards him rushed the warrior, engulfing his heart with joy, grief and rage, when a strange shadow appeared at his side ready to end his life.
A sword's blade glimmered above him, but the attack was interrupted with a deafening ding. The invader succumbed from the force of the kick, while the imploded breastplate crushed him from within with its iron grasp.
A last gift from a withering friend.

The knight got on his feet, took his side axe into his hand and with a coup de grace, ended the suffering of both.

The axe head is 18 cm/ 7 inch long, with a 7.5 cm/ 3 inch long edge. The spike is about 6 cm/ 2.4 inch.
Its shaft is 30 cm/ 12 inch long.

hope you like it! :)
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
csizmar szilard
Steve Warden

Re: knight's axe

Post by Steve Warden »

Bravo on both the legend and the blade!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
hellize

Post by hellize »

Steve Warden wrote:Bravo on both the legend and the blade!
Thank you for both! :)
csizmar szilard
Mountain Man Knives

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

Well now.....if that was not quoted from the pages of a book......You should be Writing them ~ Fantasy, Fiction or Non Fiction ~ Nice Intro ~ "Smile"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Beautiful story, (our cowboys feel that way about their horses) beautiful axe, another NIKE! What was the horses name? ::shrug:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: ::nod::
hellize

Post by hellize »

Mountain Man Knives wrote:Well now.....if that was not quoted from the pages of a book......You should be Writing them ~ Fantasy, Fiction or Non Fiction ~ Nice Intro ~ "Smile"
Nop, it came from my own imagination. Glad you liked it! :D
But a whole book would be too big of a bit for me.
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote:Beautiful story, (our cowboys feel that way about their horses) beautiful axe, another NIKE! What was the horses name? ::shrug:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Thanks! :)
Actually I had something else in mind, when I started to write the story, but I changed my mind in the middle of it. It is a lot better this way.
Yeah, I bet they do! Thou, I only have a dog, but I do feel sometimes that she's a better companion/person than most people that I know.
It is easy to believe that when they are dependent of each other this bond can become even stronger.
csizmar szilard
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Excellent short story. Excellent axe. ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
hellize

Post by hellize »

Doc B wrote:Excellent short story. Excellent axe. ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks in the name of both! :)
csizmar szilard
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Awesome looking axe. Great story too!
hellize

Post by hellize »

glennbad wrote:Awesome looking axe. Great story too!
Glad you like it :)
csizmar szilard
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

hellize wrote:

Given your skills in writing about knights, you should read Empires of the Sea. It’s about the knights of St. John and their defense of Malta and Crete against the Turkish invaders. It’s not fiction and it’s a fantastic read.
Love the axe by the way.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
hellize

Post by hellize »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
hellize wrote:

Given your skills in writing about knights, you should read Empires of the Sea. It’s about the knights of St. John and their defense of Malta and Crete against the Turkish invaders. It’s not fiction and it’s a fantastic read.
Love the axe by the way.
SSk
Thank you very much! :)
I do like real historical books too, so I will definitely check it out! ;) Thanks for the tip.
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”