Jim Thomas

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
Kdheath

Jim Thomas

Post by Kdheath »

Hi all have a question on a couple of knives i got they are jim thomas out morrow georgia they seem to be is it called razor knive dont no a lot about pocket knives any information qould help thanks [image][/image]
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Jim Thomas

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Your pictures didn't post. ::shrug::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. I searched the Knife Magazine http://www.knifemagazine.com data base of knife makers and found nothing about Jim Thomas. That data base lists thousands of knife makers, past and present. There are probably thousands of others not listed but if they were at all prominent they’re usually included.

An internet search for “Jim Thomas Marrow GA” found an obituary for James Thomas of Marrow, GA. It didn’t say anything about knives, so either it’s a different person or he wasn’t well known for making knives. There’s a years-old post here on AAPK asking about him, with no responses. You’ve asked several times recently with no response. If anyone here knew anything they likely would have responded by now. Sorry, but you may have to just enjoy the knife and chalk it up to a mystery. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Kdheath wrote:Hi all have a question on a couple of knives i got they are jim thomas out morrow georgia they seem to be is it called razor knive dont no a lot about pocket knives any information qould help thanks [image][/image]
I found a Thomas James, who makes knives. Don't know where he is located. You can visit his website at: tjblades.wixsite.com/blades ::shrug::

Skip
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote:
Kdheath wrote:Hi all have a question on a couple of knives i got they are jim thomas out morrow georgia they seem to be is it called razor knive dont no a lot about pocket knives any information qould help thanks [image][/image]
I found a Thomas James, who makes knives. Don't know where he is located. You can visit his website at: tjblades.wixsite.com/blades ::shrug::
According to his website, Michigan, born and raised.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jerryd6818 wrote:
New_Windsor_NY wrote:
According to his website, Michigan, born and raised.
Oh well.........

Skip
Kdheath

Post by Kdheath »

Thanks
Danslay

Post by Danslay »

I bought a series of Knifes from Jim Thomas in Morrow GA about 35years ago. I’ve never used them and thus are in great shape. From what I remember he was elderly back then. I expect he passed several years ago.

Return to “Custom Knives”