autumn

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

autumn

Post by hellize »

Life is good!

With the beginning of Autumn and the slowly creeping but more and more persistent minuses at night, somehow our mood gets to deteriorate as well. On early mornings we start to see faint rime sparkling on the leaves and branches like tiny diamond shards, but they are still easily conquered and melted away by the sun's powerful rays, however their strength seems to diminish with every passing day which brings us mercilessly closer to the end of the cycle.
But Winter is still far away!
Let us cherish to moment we live. Admire nature's changing grace as it prepares itself for the coming freezing challenge, for it is not death, only a kind of hibernation, a necessary part of the process, before yet another joyful Spring.
So let us resound Autumn and dress our souls in her glorious colors of red, yellow and brown!

The Autumn knife is 30 cm long, with a 17 cm long, 4 cm wide and 5 mm thick blade. The handle is made of padouk, bronze and antler
the sheath is made of thick cow leather.
Attachments
1.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
csizmar szilard
KleenCut61

Re: autumn

Post by KleenCut61 »

Nicely done ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Knice color on the handle Csizmar. And of course your Damascus is always top notch. I appreciate your sharing. ::nod:: ::tu::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Very... VERY artistic damascus pattern. It's a real beauty!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
hellize

Post by hellize »

KleenCut61 wrote:Nicely done ::tu::
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote:Knice color on the handle Csizmar. And of course your Damascus is always top notch. I appreciate your sharing. ::nod:: ::tu::
Thanks! :) I am glad to hear that you like this combination of colors as well :D
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Meridian_Mike wrote:Very... VERY artistic damascus pattern. It's a real beauty!

::tu::
Thank you! :) But we have to thank dumb luck fro the pattern ;) The hands of Fortuna guided my hammer.
csizmar szilard
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I like how the straight grain in the handle seems to extend directly into the blade's damascus pattern. Well done!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
hellize

Post by hellize »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:I like how the straight grain in the handle seems to extend directly into the blade's damascus pattern. Well done!
Hmm... that haven't occurred to me! Thanks for highlighting it :D
csizmar szilard
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The design of the handle collar ring duplicating that of the sheath is a very fine touch.
hellize

Post by hellize »

Quick Steel wrote:The design of the handle collar ring duplicating that of the sheath is a very fine touch.
Thanks! :) I wanted to tie them closer together. Glad you like it.
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”