Charlie Bell knives

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Charlie Bell knives

Post by Railsplitter »

Charlie is a "new to me" maker. I first heard about him about 18 months ago but I think he's been making knives longer than that.

I placed an order with him and this Zulu pattern arrived today. I could not be more pleased. Already considering placing another order. This knife handles like a dream.

Jigged Black Paper Micarta.
Orange G10 spacers.
CPM-154 blade and spring.
3 9/16 inches closed.
Pinchable blade with a pull of about a 6.
Half stop.

Charlie was great to work with too. I must have sent him 6 or 7 emails during this process and he never took longer than 1 hour and 47 minutes to reply. Very satisfied with the knife and the entire process from start to finish.
Attachments
IMG_5252.JPG
IMG_5253.JPG
IMG_5254.JPG
IMG_5255.JPG
IMG_5257.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
XX Case XX

Re: Charlie Bell knives

Post by XX Case XX »

Very nice Rick. Those orange liners really stand out. I also noticed the blade sits right down the center. Looks to be a very well made knife. If you get another one, what kind of handle material are you thinking of?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Nice knife, Rick! Love me some CPM-154. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

XX Case XX wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:03 am Very nice Rick. Those orange liners really stand out. I also noticed the blade sits right down the center. Looks to be a very well made knife. If you get another one, what kind of handle material are you thinking of?

Thank you, Mike. My next one will be a different pattern altogether and maybe some nice jigged bone. Maybe a single blade Sowbelly with red or green jigged bone. Just dreaming right now but that's what's on my mind at the moment.
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Doc B wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:08 am Nice knife, Rick! Love me some CPM-154. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks Doc!
Rick T.

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Wow, Rick, that is a really nice knife, and nice photography. My knife budget all goes to vintage knives, but one of these days, one of your posts is going to cause me to reallocate my budget.
I am a Sowbelly fan and look forward to seeing pics, if that is your next choice. ::tu::
Ike
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Waukonda wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:40 am Wow, Rick, that is a really nice knife, and nice photography. My knife budget all goes to vintage knives, but one of these days, one of your posts is going to cause me to reallocate my budget.
I am a Sowbelly fan and look forward to seeing pics, if that is your next choice. ::tu::
Thank you, Ike. If I get another Charlie Bell knife I'll post it in this thread. I'm hoping some other members might have one of his knives and post here as well.
Rick T.

Return to “Custom Knives”