goblin skinner

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

goblin skinner

Post by hellize »

Greetings!

I have this little freshly finished cutter. :)
It is 22 cm / 8.6 inch long with a 10 cm / 4 inch long San mai blade, which I forged of motorcycle chain and 5160. The handle is made of deer antler and leather discs.

Handy little fellow and ideal companion for longer walks in the forest or on a mountain hikes. Helpful at peeling an apple, when you sit on a fallen tree trunk at lunch time, while goblins are lurking behind you in the bushes. Carving stuff into a stick to pass time in the hung up cage waiting for the water to boil up in the huge cauldron, after the goblins rushed you and dragged you away to their cave in the thick woods. Guess who's coming to dinner?! And finally eviscerating those pesky goblins with great delight, after you manage to free yourself from their primitive cage, thanks also to your trusty little knife and a well developed frontal lobe :D
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
csizmar szilard
KleenCut61

Re: goblin skinner

Post by KleenCut61 »

Looks Ruff & Ready .Really Really Nice Work Hellize ::tu:: K.C.
hellize

Post by hellize »

KleenCut61 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:25 pm Looks Ruff & Ready .Really Really Nice Work Hellize ::tu:: K.C.
Thanks! :)
csizmar szilard
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Great looking knife. The maker is an Artist who is also a skilled craftsman.
kj
hellize

Post by hellize »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:59 pm Great looking knife. The maker is an Artist who is also a skilled craftsman.
kj
You are exaggerating my friend. Thanks! :)
csizmar szilard
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I love your ramble and your sheaths as well as your knives, Hellize! Keep them coming. Did I mention that I really like your sheaths?
hellize

Post by hellize »

tongueriver wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:39 pm I love your ramble and your sheaths as well as your knives, Hellize! Keep them coming. Did I mention that I really like your sheaths?
Yeah, I guess you did :D
Glad you like my stuff!
csizmar szilard
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Csizmar I always like your post as I think I have problems and then you remind me that I am not plagued with goblins and orgs etc. Another fine knife. I lile the way the Sanmai technique turned out on that knife. Lovely work as always. ::tu:: ::nod::
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

As always, looks great.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:18 pm Csizmar I always like your post as I think I have problems and then you remind me that I am not plagued with goblins and orgs etc. Another fine knife. I lile the way the Sanmai technique turned out on that knife. Lovely work as always. ::tu:: ::nod::
Thanks a lot! :)
Yeah, we tend to think that the issues in our lives are huge and overwhelming world ending obstacles, but when you really reflect upon them, most of these problems aren't even real problems, more like first world nuisances. (well... second world nuisance, for me, here at the quazy balkan :roll: )
The truth is we are quite lucky to be alive now and at the places we live. Not to mention a possible goblin infested parallel universe! Damn! ::uc:: ::ds::
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Tony_Wood wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:21 pm As always, looks great.
Thank you :)
csizmar szilard
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Tony_Wood wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:21 pm As always, looks great.
Praise from another fine craftsman. ::tu::

Return to “Custom Knives”