Need Pocket Knife Repaired

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
BBQDAWG

Need Pocket Knife Repaired

Post by BBQDAWG »

I am not sure I am on the right page here, so if I am off base, someone please point me to the right location.

I have a Camillus 1973 military pocket knife with a broken spring. I am looking for someone who can repair it for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
BBQDAWG
Attachments
GGoAXMioT6aHZr08N1leDw.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2072.jpeg
Doc B

Re: Need Pocket Knife Repaired

Post by Doc B »

Welcome to AAPK. I love the military knives...but it seems they had a tendency to break these springs. Unless the knife has deep sentimental value, It probably would be hard to get it repaired, for less than the cost of picking another up, off Ebay. You can sometimes pick them up, with shipping, for around $30....and get some really nice ones for $40-45. I have one like yours, that I keep looking for a donor knife, to repair it. You would have to find / pay for parts, shipping and labor. I think that would be tough for $40-45. Others may have other opinions.
::welcome::
::handshake::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
RevolverGuy

Re: Need Pocket Knife Repaired

Post by RevolverGuy »

I know how that feels. I have a similar one with both springs broken and I could never get to replacing it with another. Just doesn't have the same sentimental value. At least yours is still functional in some way.

Return to “Custom Knives”