red

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

red

Post by hellize »

A freshly finished one.
It has a damascus blade, I forged it manually of 5160, L6 and 1.2516. Has around 240 layers
The handle is made of exotic wood Padouk and bronze.
The total length is 27 cm / 10.5 inch and the blade is 15 cm long / 6 inch long.

Red

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who lived in a small village near a great forest.
One morning, she packed a nice basket with vine and cookies and went to visit her grandmother as it had been quite awhile since they'd seen each other.
When the basket was ready, the girl put on her cloak and went into the dark forest.
She thought to herself:
"I shouldn't dawdle along the way, the woods are dangerous this time of the month."
But when she noticed some lovely flowers in the woods, she forgot her promise to herself. She picked a few, watched the butterflies flit about for awhile, listened to the frogs croaking and then picked a few more.
She was enjoying herself so much, that she didn't notice the day turn into night, and neither the shadow approaching out of the forest behind her...
A man appeared beside her. A wretched figure, haunted by his own demons.
"What are you doing out here?" - asked the man in a voice as friendly as he could muster, but still sounding like someone who is in great pain and could throw up any second.
"I'm on my way to see my Grandma who lives through the forest, near the brook," - she replied, with a growing fear lingering inside of her which she couldn't quite explain.
Then she realized how late it became and quickly excused herself, rushing down the path to her Grandma's house.
Meanwhile the night sky cleared and the shine of the full moon illuminated the path.
Muffled growling could be heard from the distance and then a bloodcurdling howl.
She bursted into a rush. Ran as fast as she could, but suddenly something jumped out of the thick undergrowth, knocking her off of her feet.
She composed herself rather quickly, but the thing was already towering above here, half man and half beast, an unholy abomination, mocking nature itself.
For a moment, a fang, white as alabaster, glittered in the moonlight, and the monster in a mindless rage, threw itself at her once again, just to tumble both of them in the dust of the forest's path. In their struggle to the death, she almost appeared to be riding on the beast. But then she showed her own fang and much to the distorted's surprise, she was the one, biting the other.
Blood stained her hands, hair and cloak.
She fainted of exhaustion, but with her last glance, saw the man reappear out of the thing. He was dead, none the less.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
91.jpg
csizmar szilard
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: red

Post by glennbad »

I really like your combination of materials on this one...The red padouk and the damascus blade, beautiful!
hellize

Post by hellize »

glennbad wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:33 pm I really like your combination of materials on this one...The red padouk and the damascus blade, beautiful!
Glad you like it :)
Actually I had the story first (found a can of beer with little red riding hood on it, goring the wolf :D )and I just had to make the knife.
csizmar szilard
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

That blade is awesome. And the handle compliments it. ::tu:: ::tu::
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

I was so intrigued by the story , I thought red dropped something when I seen that Knife on The Ground ,, ::facepalm:: Magnificent ::tu::
rustyoldknife
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by rustyoldknife »

hellize wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:38 pm A freshly finished one.
It has a damascus blade, I forged it manually of 5160, L6 and 1.2516. Has around 240 layers
The total length is 27 cm / 10.5 inch and the blade is 15 cm long / 6 inch long.

Red

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who lived in a small village near a great forest.
One morning, she packed a nice basket with vine and cookies and went to visit her grandmother as it had been quite awhile since they'd seen each other.
When the basket was ready, the girl put on her cloak and went into the dark forest.
She thought to herself:
"I shouldn't dawdle along the way, the woods are dangerous this time of the month."
But when she noticed some lovely flowers in the woods, she forgot her promise to herself. She picked a few, watched the butterflies flit about for awhile, listened to the frogs croaking and then picked a few more.
She was enjoying herself so much, that she didn't notice the day turn into night, and neither the shadow approaching out of the forest behind her...
"What are you doing out here?" - asked the man in a voice as friendly as he could muster, but still sounding like someone who is in great pain and could throw up any second.
"I'm on my way to see my Grandma who lives through the forest, near the brook," - she replied, with a growing fear lingering inside of her which she couldn't quite explain.
Then she realized how late it became and quickly excused herself, rushing down the path to her Grandma's house.
Meanwhile the night sky cleared and the shine of the full moon illuminated the path.
Muffled growling could be heard from the distance and then a bloodcurdling howl.
She bursted into a rush. Ran as fast as she could, but suddenly something jumped out of the thick undergrowth, knocking her off of her feet.
She composed herself rather quickly, but the thing was already towering above here, half man and half beast, an unholy abomination, mocking nature itself.
For a moment, a fang, white as alabaster, glittered in the moonlight, and the monster in a mindless rage, threw itself at her once again, just to tumble both of them in the dust of the forest's path. In their struggle to the death, she almost appeared to be riding on the beast. But then she showed her own fang and much to the distorted's surprise, she was the one, biting the other.
She fainted of exhaustion, but with her last glance, saw the man reappear out of the thing. He was dead, none the less.
Great looking knife, I really like the red with the Damascus. Great story also ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
David
hellize

Post by hellize »

rustyoldknife wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:08 am
hellize wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:38 pm A freshly finished one.

Red

She thought to herself:
Great looking knife, I really like the red with the Damascus. Great story also ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks a lot! :)
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

KleenCut61 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:32 am I was so intrigued by the story , I thought red dropped something when I seen that Knife on The Ground ,, ::facepalm:: Magnificent ::tu::
Oh, she is way too careful with her knife. She would never drop it ;)
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

doglegg wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:51 pm That blade is awesome. And the handle compliments it. ::tu:: ::tu::
Glad you like it :)
csizmar szilard
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

EXCELLENT work!
Great story!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
hellize

Post by hellize »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:24 pm EXCELLENT work!
Great story!

::tu::
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”